[Ending 2] Who Let the Dogs Out

*Your POV*

Thankfully for you, your extended moment of dumbfoundedness in front of the JYPe building wasn't terribly uncomfortable, as it was the early summer and the evenings were more than comfortably warm outside. That did not stop the security officer telling you off for loitering by the building entrance. Now embarrassed, you quickly made your way to where your car was parked, trying to piece together some form of a plan for the immediate future.

First things first was a trip to the mobile phone store down the block to reconnect to the world. So after leaving the parking garage and parallel parking in front of the store, you walked into the very quiet phone store, hoping that this would be a much smoother thing than what had just happened.

"Welcome!" One of the workers greeted you from behind the counter. "How can I help you?"

"Hi. I need to reactivate my phone after two years." You explained, walking up to the counter.

"Sure thing. If you can fill out this form here, we can get you sorted."

After filling out the form that asked for the usual basic information like name and phone number, you handed the phone to the worker so they could work their magic. What you were not expecting was for your phone to explode with notifications before audibly failing from the sheer amount of notifications that came in at once.

"Wow. I've never seen that happen before." The worker commented.

"Sorry about that. I had a pretty involved job before joining the military, and I guess my job was busy while I was away." You explained.

"That makes sense." They nodded. "Well, we'll need to get you on a new phone since it pretty much borked itself just now."

"Shoot, really? I had a lot of photos and stuff on there."

"Well, we can transfer everything onto a new phone and get it all up and running for you, if you would like to just hang out here for a little bit." They offered.

"If I must, then so be it."

"Great! Let me show you what we have on offer today." They happily said at the fact they were getting their commission, showing you over to the display section of smartphones.

Looking at the rack of phones on display, you really didn't quite know what you were looking for. Back then, all you really needed was something to handle all of the managerial tasks on the go, but now you could splash a bit of cash on yourself and whatever caught your fancy. Speaking of, there was one phone that confused you slightly.

"What is that one?" You asked, pointing at a very small but thick phone, resembling more of a plastic cube with a camera on it.

"Ah! That is the newest generation Galaxy Flip." They explained simply.

"Like a flip phone? Didn't they go out of fashion like 15 years ago?" You asked dumbfoundedly.

"I don't know, I was only six 15 years ago." They said bluntly, making you feel really old. "Regardless, throwback and retro are in these days."

'Oh you sweet summer child...' You thought before responding.

"Right... Well it fits nice in the hands." You commented, thumbing around on it.

"It's not very big or heavy, very compact in the pocket, but equally as capable as any other phone on the market."

"The price is quite steep though."

"Well, we can get you set up with a military discount. 40% off device fees, plus you are already a customer with us." They explained, doing their utmost best to sell it to you.