[26] Awards Season

Author's Note: depiction of bullying and foul language used in chapter.

==========

*Your POV*

"Yeoboseyo?" You answered the call, unsure of who was calling.

"Hello, am I speaking to Kwon Y/N, manager of TWICE?" The person on the phone asked.

"Speaking. Who am I speaking to?"

"This is Lee Hanjin, the event supervisor for the upcoming awards show by the Korean Musical Artists Association. There's an emergency meeting that requires a representative from every group to attend. Are you available right now?" Lee Hanjin asked, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Give me 5 minutes and the link and I'll be there." You said, standing up from the lunch table. "Emergency meeting, I'll meet you all at choreo practice, okay?"

"Oh, okay then." Jihyo replied for the group.

With that, you power-walked through the buildings towards the office portion where you knew there would be a quiet corner that had good connection so you could join this meeting uninterrupted. After about 2 minutes of walking and another 2 connecting to the meeting, you prepared yourself for what sounded like a meeting that would be addressing something major.

When you joined into the big group video call, you were surprised to see that, just like Lee Hanjin had explained, there were managers from every group attending like Monsta X, ATEEZ, both NCT Dream and 127, Mamamoo, Red Velvet, GFRIEND, TXT, IZ*ONE, and Stray Kids and Itzy from JYPe already in attendance, with managers for soloists like Chungha and Taeyeon in the process of joining.

'Well this is quite the party...' You thought as the meeting began with Lee Hanjin unmuting his camera.

"Good afternoon everyone. Thank you for attending on such short notice."

"There has been an incident with one of the attending artists and has been brought to my attention, and this will affect all groups attending next week." He began. "To explain, I'd like to bring the representative from ATEEZ to explain."

"Thank you Hanjin-ssi. Hello everyone." The manager for ATEEZ began to speak. "I will get straight into the issue. Last night after arrival at the member's dorm building, the members were victims of a breach of privacy by a sasaeng. While this isn't all that surprising of an incident, it's the manner of how they ended up following us which is the issue."

'They didn't stalk them, and it doesn't sound like what happened to us either...' You thought as he took a swig of water before going back to explaining.

"After questioning by the police, it was revealed that the culprit attached a tracking device to the company's vans to monitor their locations. Thankfully, we only have 1 active group so only one of the vans was used, but I am very much aware that everyone in attendance belongs to a company with more than 1 group attending." The ATEEZ manager concluded, his story bringing out genuine shock from everyone's faces.

"Due to this unforeseen incident, we are changing how the upcoming awards show will proceed. All transportation will be done using identical vans to minimise the ability to identify which group is in which van. Now, I am aware that some groups are larger than others, but we've made arrangements so that groups up to 7 large can fit into a single van. Apologies to those who are being split into groups. This plan was created with the consultation of the Seoul Police, who will also be assisting with the event." Lee Hanjin finished his statement.

"You all will be receiving an email from our head of security after the conclusion of this meeting with details about your transportation. After arrival at the artist's accommodation, all managers will be required to attend a briefing in the hotel's banquet room at 8PM. More details will be in that email, so please keep an eye out for it. That is all, thank you for your time." The officer concluded the meeting, without any time for questions from any of the managers.