His Maid, Head Maid

"You'd leave your master to be assaulted and then feign your child needing you?" He jokingly said folding his arms and crossing his legs in his chair.

"I am not your main caretaker my lord, and my ears pick up what you can't," you placed his cup down in front of him bowing your head, smirking a little. He was a bit more than annoyed and probably preferred that Lady Sullivan's lessons were kept quiet from Lady Elizabeth. She offered the idea that everyone should join in the lessons because everyone was friends and it would be fun. Sebastian sniggered stating that etiquette was not only for women. Soon Lady Elizabeth was smiling again and being friendly to Lady Sullivan and soon the young lord was back to being humiliated by Lady Elizabeth's antics to the point Lady Sullivan was also jeering at him, happy he was failing at being able to walk and bow gracefully like a proper young lady.

~

The next week arrived and Lady Sullivan as well as Wolfram was nervous to meet Her Majesty. You adorned her hair with white flowers on either side of her head and a white feather, it paired perfectly with her white dress from Nina's shoppe. Sadly you couldn't accompany them to Buckingham Palace because a certain someone needed their mother's attention. You began your duties in the library as always, leaving Corbin halfway leaning forward on a cushion surrounded by other cushions as he just cooed slightly and stared at the air blinking occasionally as if he were deep in thought trying to figure something out. After the library, you checked on breakfast to see how it was going and the kitchen was in one piece giving you your answer before even walking in. You had fed Corbin as soon as he woke up so his breakfast was already taken care of.

In place of Sebastian, you checked on the servants and their duties to make sure they were going as smooth as they could. Other than a few broken dishes and one overcooked pheasant the day went without issue, having Snake there proved to be extremely helpful especially when Sebastian isn't there which was a relief to have someone who doesn't screw up as much as the golden trio themselves.

Although the young lord was away that didn't mean the house was closed for business, he already had a meeting he could afford to not attend in person meaning you and Tanaka had to take care of that around two in the afternoon in the drawing-room. You sorted through the records and made sure everything was in place and added what you needed, and fixed his paperwork up and left it on his desk.

The young lord and Sebastian came back in the early evening without Lady Sullivan and Wolfram, they managed to find a comfortable house in London where they could stay. Dinner was waiting for him when he arrived, and so were his papers from the meeting you attended on his behalf.

~

Later that night although your curiosity was piqued you left whatever happened in Germany, in Germany. Corbin gave you a run for your money with no Sebastian to help you for the whole day, experiencing only a quarter of what he has to go through daily made you happy for the moments you had to yourself, and even those few moments some little person had to steal the spotlight.

"Do you want to tell me about the other night?" you asked him finding him in a neutral mood which was better than an unpleasant one.

"Hm?" he said folding up Corbin's extra night clothes he graciously bought while out in London today.

"Why I suddenly turned into a nice big black cat?"

"Panther," he corrected, "and I was under the impression you forgot. But-" he said sharply before you could interrupt to disagree, "but, there is a slightly complicated yet simple answer for it. You do know how I can shift forms when I please, my true form, this pitiful form, a raven?"

You shook your head in agreeance, still a bit confused.

"Well it's either the same with you or with Corbin, you were pregnant at the time so it's unknown to me though I do think it's Corbin."

"But why did it happen?"

"What did you feel during that time?" He said putting the clothes in the dresser and coming to sit by you.

"Um," you bit your lip trying to think looking up at the mundane ceiling as the bed dipped from his weight. "I think I felt some sudden urgency to find you? I can't really remember..."

"Then I'm probably right it is Corbin, I know you're not normally in control of all your emotions-" you slapped his arm playfully and he laughed at you, "Well it's the truth kitten. Anyway, sudden normal emotions would set that off in you specifically, however since it was a sudden pull, it wasn't you."

"Oh I see, do we have to worry about him changing into...?"

"Not for now," you both looked at his snoozing figure moving up and down in a steady rhythm, "as he gets older and more curious, we'll worry about it then."

"Come, go sleep, you'll have a busy day ahead of you like always," he kissed your forehead and blew out your candles.

~

"Y/n... ke up.... Wake up!"

"Hrngh?" you were being shaken awake by Sebastian, you opened one eye slightly. "Come, in the kitchen."

He grabbed your wrist lightly but with urgency and waited for you to slip on your slippers and robe before dragging you down the stairs to where the others were trickling in.

"Sebastian what is it it's three in the bloody mornin' we just went to bed two hours ago," Bard said rubbing his eyes like everyone else and yawning.

"Yes, however, your duties as Phantomhive servants don't only include cleaning and cooking do th-" Sebastian was suddenly cut off.

You heard Corbin crying and your tired eyes popped wide open.

Not any normal hungry cry or tired cry. He sounded scared, like something or someone was interfering with him.

Your eyes flashed fuchsia and as if Sebastian's sensed that would happen he stepped in front of you swiftly so no one could see. The both of you ran to your room and Mey-rin and the others instinctively ran outside via the servant's entrance.

An unknown person was standing above Corbin visibly panicking trying to find something to smother his cries. Without hesitation, you lunged at the person grabbing them by their throat and throwing them against the wall away from Corbin. Sebastian walked to Corbin stunned at your sudden speed, he himself didn't have time to react to the intruder. You were blind to everything at that moment. You grabbed on to the neck of his shirt peeling him off the wall you cracked with his body and growled out, "I would give you a warning never to go near my son again but it's fruitless if you're not going to survive this," you grabbed onto his neck itself squeezing until you heard that crack and he fell limp in your hand. You dropped him and stared at his body on the floor, body as cold as your gaze you were brought back to reality by Mey-rin's gunshots from outside, he wasn't the only one... Standing there to take in what just happened, what you just did... You heard Corbin's soft cries from a new distance, this time it was just a cry for you. You gasped turning on your heel and ended up smack dead with your face in Sebastian's hard chest.

"The both of you are sleeping in my room from now on."

"Wha- it was just on-"

"All it takes is once, end of the discussion," he said coldly.