His Maid, Planning

You had learned to expect surprise visits while they were away and naturally, you've learned up expect surprise visits from the bright and always cheerful Lady Elizabeth but never when he was away even if you're mostly with him on jobs.

She burst in brightly in a vision of light green and white, scaring Mey-rin out of her skin. Mey-rin turned to get you but you had already heard the commotion from downstairs and made your way up. 

"My lady, the young master is away on business again," you said making her face droop a bit at the news. 

"Oh how foolish of me I should've known. Do you know when he'll be back?"

"You're not foolish my lady," tears welled up in her eyes. You felt a little bad, the least the young lord could do was inform her that he'll be away for a while. He knows he's prone to surprise visits. "Please do sit down, I'll have refreshments in a minute," you said suddenly remembering your job. Mey-rin ran downstairs to put the tea on while you led her into the drawing-room and sat her down in the most comfortable chair you could draw up. 

"I don't know when he'll be back but I'm sure it'll be soon. It's been about two months now so it can't be long." 

"I wanted him to go with me next week to my brother's opening ceremony at school," she sniffed. "He's been practising for so long and he's made it on the cricket team this year."

"Would that be Weston College my lady?"

"Yes! How did you know?" She asked, her green eyes staring up at you. 

"Call it a lucky guess," you said taking it all in, pouring her a cup of cranberry tea. 

"If Ciel doesn't write to you all by next week, you're invited by me to the cricket match. Sadly the opening ceremony is close family only but so what you can have loads of fun here with just the right costumes to make everything look cute!"

Close family eh? You glanced at your ring. 

"Thank you my lady for the gracious invite, we shall be at the match next week."

She clasped her hand together and gasped, "My dress! I must go pick shoes to go with it, I do wish I had time to dress you all up, but I left Paula waiting in the carriage."

An idea that coincidentally was sitting in the back of your head for a while pushed its way forward. You could design a dress for Nina to make for the gathering. 

"Of course my lady."

She put her teacup down gently with a soft clink and got up from the chair. "Thank you for the tea Y/n!"

You escorted her out the manor and waved to Paula. The young lord never writes home, there was a lot to do before the household takes a trip anywhere. 

~

"Ms. Hopkins?"

"I'll be with you shortly darling~" she shouted from the back of the shoppe. You heard giggling and material being shifted and some questionable choice of words. Minding your business you hummed to yourself. A blushing yet cheerful young woman came out giggling to herself with Ms. Hopkins behind her. "Your wedding dress will be ready by Saturday Mrs Garrett," she held the door open for her customer. 

"Hehe, not yet Mrs Garrett I'm afraid," the young woman said blushing a bit more, exiting the shoppe.

"Oh, Y/n? What does that adorable young earl need now?"

"Actually, it's for me this time," you said taking out your sketch of the dress you wanted. 

"Oh? A new uniform? I have quite a selection you should try," she said getting excited, "That butler has that entire household dressing like you were still in medieval times- oh," she looked at the sketch you handed her. "This dress is GORGEOUS!!"

"Leave this all to me, I might make a few alterations here and there but it'll be beautiful once I'm done. Come, let's take your measurements!" She grabbed your hand and dragged you into the backroom to where the other woman was. "Alright, you know the drill. Lift." You unbuttoned the back of your dress and let the top half drop to your waist, your corset saving you from having to cover your chest. She measured your waist and arms along with your neck and bust.

"You've gained a bit of weight from the last time I measured."

"Oh..." you whispered, you didn't realize. Suddenly feeling self-conscious you tensed your muscles, hoping it wouldn't show much anywhere else.

"It's not a bad thing dear, body's are perfection no matter what anyone comments or thinks. That's why I became a tailor, so at least people know one person doesn't care what they look like and let's them know they're beautiful.  Everyone's so obsessed with the perfect body as if we don't all end up as bones and dust in the end. Chin up dear, I need your height," she said picking your chin up with her finger, taking the measuring tape from between her teeth to measure you head to toe. 

"That is true," you said feeling a little better. Except you won't end up in the dirt like everyone else unless killed. Plus a little extra weight is natural, you shouldn't feel ashamed, you haven't changed on the inside where it matters most.

"When do you need it by? I have a wedding dress to make within four days." She let everything go and you started putting your arms back into the sleeves of your dress. "Next Thursday evening, can you make it by then?"

"I'm so excited I could probably finish it today if I didn't have that wedding dress. I can't wait. Come next Wednesday so you can try it on," and just like she did the other lady, she ushered you out the door, waving you off.

~

Wednesday finally came, your excitement kept you awake for more than half the night before trying to sleep. A few hours time you'll see Sebastian again and you'll look stunning. At least you hoped you would. Anxiously walking back in the shoppe, both excited and nervous to try on your dress. You stepped into the back room and stripped down to your corset and a singular petticoat. Nina's dresses weren't made to fit Victorian standards.

"Let me just tighten your corset a bit dear," she said pulling the strings to a more fitting size and tied it off. "Alright step into this and let me tie it off to see if it fits."

You did as she said and let her do her work. Standing there a good minute before she stepped away.

"I believe you are good to go actually!"

You turned to the mirror and gasped. The dress of your dreams came true courtesy of Nina and in her style of course. The only difference was this dress was completely sleeveless.

"It's perfect," you said feeling the fabric, it felt velvety but not thick. Now you know why the young lord doesn't go to a different tailor.  You were most definitely ready for tomorrow, now you had to play the patience game, and make sure nothing goes wrong within the next few hours.