His Maid, Day off

My brain went blank im sorry yall and I got my first job as a book reviewer :3

"Mama!" Your nearly one year old's chubby little hands grabbed at the air as he stumbled and tried to run towards you, Sebastian's tall figure walked gracefully behind him buttoning his tailcoat up. 

"Well, what do we have here? Hmm..?" You peaked your eyes above your spectacles and away from the paperwork the young lord needed you to sort through.

Sebastian sighed, "He won't stop asking for you, I don't think he fancies cooking much."

"But he does fancy eating," you helped him climb his way into your lap and poked his nose gently. "How about, you ask the young lord if you could eat in the garden with him today. Hm? Would you like that Corbin?"

He shook his little head vigorously and slid down your lap onto the floor and waddled off to find the young lord. "No more children, he's more than I could ever want but children are a work of their own."

You chuckled darkly, "He's a handful isn't he?"

"Yes but he's sweet like you," he purred.

You let him have it, there was no changing his mind in thinking you were sweet. "Wait how's he supposed to get up the stairs?"

"He'll learn don't worry," Sebastian said quickly trying to kiss you. 

You dodged his kiss, "As parents we're supposed to help when necessary."

"Demons don't walk around holding their children's hand," he leaned back in but you dodged his kiss again, "He is only half demon, his human side needs nurturing."

"Emotional maybe but physically not as much," Sebastian sighed growing a little annoyed that you were avoiding his kiss. You understood his annoyance, the both of you barely shared affection or even spent a good amount of time in each other's presence lately. When it was time to retire you were already asleep, exhausted by your days work and your inquisitive little one. No intimacy, no physical teasing, no attention. 

The both of your ears perked up hearing your respective names being called by the young lord from upstairs. You both swiftly made your way upstairs with you poking Sebastian's ribs for fun, you were in an unusually happy mood. He lifted an eyebrow puzzled by your actions, an annoyed vein in his head popping out slightly showing his mild irratance with irrelevant things that humans do.

Sebastian knocked on the door and entered with you behind him. An envelope slit open and a letter lay on the table indicating there was finally a case again. You were a bit happy, a few hours away from the manor to rattle your brain is just what you felt was needed. 

Apparently the Queen's cousin had gone missing while at school and would like the young lord to investigate what happened to him.  

"What should we pack?" You asked feeling quite ready for another adventure. (LOTR reference kiss me if you knew)

"You're not going," he said blankly slumped back in his chair lazily. 

"What-"

"This is an all boys school, you wouldn't fit in even as staff. Besides, you have this one to take care of," he gestured with his head to Corbin who was playing with the rings on the young lord's fingers. 

An entire school year without Sebastian, that's the most they could spend away from home. It annoyed you to no end but work is work even you understood that. You moped around all day working, your only happy moments were around your son.

At the end of the day, you sat on the edge of the bed, the springs creaking under your weight pushing you back into your overthinking mindset. You didn't know what you were anymore, annoyed or sad, or frustrated. There was no specific way you felt, you just wanted to stop feeling that way. Hearing the door open you quickly stretched pretending you were just getting into bed. Corbin's giggles filled the room as he attempted to run towards the bed, normally him trying to walk around the manor was fine. But he had no shoes on and the floor was entirely made of cold hard stone. You quickly picked him up dusting his feet off and carried him to the bed. "Why are you still energetic it's after midnight and you only had three naps today," you said kissing his cheek. You laid down and Corbin crawled his way onto your stomach and fell asleep.