His Maid, Concert

Tiny changes have been made throughout both books. I've dated certain chapters with the year and month so no one is confused. And for people who prefer to read on Ao3, I'll be posting these books there soon.

Thank you and enjoy.

~March 1890~

Ordinary, not often a word used to describe your time spent in that manor. It was always crawling with lies and deceit, much like England itself, much like the world actually. But lately, that describes your life at the Phantomhive manor, it's been almost three years since you started working there. Corbin finally one year old, was babbling and running like a chicken without a head.

Today was also ordinary. You were cleaning, the trio was scheming, Snake minded his business so he wouldn't be blamed for anything they did. Tanaka indulged in his tea and Sebastian was with the young lord. Corbin stayed by your side as always, watching you work with his big glassy crimson eyes. It always startled you looking at his eyes, just like Sebastian's yet so different. They say that eyes are the window to the soul, it was clear Sebastian had none, yet Corbin had all.

Something caught your eye, through the leafy vine overgrowth you saw someone. Knowing there were no guests visiting today you reached for your gun. Shooing Corbin away with your hand he waddled behind a mantle, peeking to see what was going on. Standing by the window you braced yourself to the wall trying to see who it was.

Suddenly the knocker was being banged against the door. No Sebastian appeared to come open the door. It banged again, much quicker and louder.

"Oi, you want your mail or not?!"

You sighed... the paperboy. Why was he using the front entrance? It's late for mail anyway. Tucking your gun away you relaxed your shoulders and opened the door ready to chew him out.

"Your mail," he said shoving it at you. It was someone new delivering the mail.

"We have a doorbell installed, there's no need to use the knocker. And kindly use the back entrance to deliver mail next time," you stated curtly before snatching the letter from him.

"Aren't you...?"

"Aren't I what?" You looked at him raising an eyebrow looking him up and down.

"It's nothing," he shoved his hand in his pocket and walked off, not a bicycle in sight. How he got from London to here without transportation was a mystery to you, but you shrugged it off and went deliver the letter.

Knock-knock

"Come in," the young lord's voice rang out.

"Ah, Y/n?" He looked up from his papers as Sebastian was fixing his tea.

"You have a letter," you said handing it to him. Corbin ran to the other side of the desk to play with the hem of the young lord's jacket. After slitting the letter open he let his hand fall next to Corbin on instinct. He would never admit it, but he liked having him around.

"Sebastian, the overgrowth is blocking the windows again," you said to him.

"Tell Finny to trim it straight away, it looks like it will rain soon. I don't want him getting wet," he poured the tea into the porcelain cup.

Turning to leave the young lord muttered something from the letter but you paid no mind, there were footsteps rapidly approaching that you were concerned about. You didn't recognize them and before you could do anything the door burst open.

"Ciel!!"

"Edward?" He shot up. "What has you so agitated? You've never shown up unannounced."

He fell to his knees panting trying desperately to talk. "It's," cough cough, "it's Lizzy. She's run away!"