Chapter Fourteen

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE 😘

"And let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight. We ask, believe, and thank you now. In your precious name father we pray, Amen."

"Amen." All the congregation said in unison.

I felt a little funny being at church today. It's the first time I've been since I started showing, and I felt like everyone was looking at me. I never talk about it to anyone, but I do feel like I let so many people down. Who would've thought that the preacher's daughter would be a teenage mother?

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17." He spoke.

"So many often times we find ourselves talking and digging up memories. From our childhood, high school, or even just last week. And... While we can look at some of those memories and laugh- reminisce, some memories we'd like to wish would have never existed. You see there some events that occur in life that can lead you to a place of darkness. Anybody wanna be honest this morning? Sometimes you wonder what is the purpose of this? Why did I end up here?" listened intently at my father. His messages always seemed to soothe me, just when I needed it the most.

"Test and trials are not designated to break you. But I like to call it a self check. See I could stand here all day and read the word and declare that my God is a healer, a way maker, a deliverer; but if when the time comes for me to let him prove himself to me, I only throw a temper tantrum what have I really done?"

"I really stopped by to tell you this morning that your problem is going to turn into your blessing. Yes, that memory- the past hurt, the past mistake, the past sin is turning around in your favor.... And even now, I. The midst of whatever the situation may be, it's turning around for your good."

"Yes sir pastor."

"Amen."

"Preach."

The congregation stood to their feet as he continued.

"I need about 20 people that believe God for the the turn around to hi five your neighbor and say this too, shall pass.

This hurt shall pass.

This shame shall pass.

This sickness shall pass.

This financial bind shall pass.

I declare this day.

I am forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before. I thank God for it, but I will no longer be bound by it. For I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God, which is in Christ Jesus." By this time he had tuned up, and the whole building was on their feet including me. I didn't even realize that I was crying until Rich wiped the side of my face with tissue and handed it to me. He was standing with Skye asleep in his arms.

"Because I am reminded that aaaallllll things." He did a riff along with the organ that made me want to break out dancing. I got my musical bones from him.

"Work together for the good of them who love the Lord, who are called according to his purpose.

Scripture says I am persuaded. Not only that, but I am fully persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." He walked down from the pulpit to the alter.