Chapter Twenty

Quanni's POV

*Knock Knock*

"Skye, come on mama. You'll be late for  school if you don't get up now." Entering her room, I go to open the curtains and blinds revealing the crisp Fall weather.

This is my favorite time of the year; not too hot and not too cold. Perfect for any girl like me that loves to dress up. Fall and Winter fashion is the best in my opinion.

"Mommy, I don't feel good." Slowly she peeled the covers back from her little body as sat up in the bed.

"Oh my goodness, look at you!" Her pajamas were drenched in sweat.

I rushed over and felt her forehead with the back of my hand. She was burning up.

"Tell me exactly what's bothering you mama?" I say pulling her onto my lap.

She rested her head on my chest in an attempt to go back to sleep.

"My head hurts, I'm sleepy and it's coooold." She slowly replied to me.

With her in my arms I went back into my bedroom to call her teacher and let her know that Skye would be absent today.

"Good Morning Sweets, good morning baby girl." Rich smiled coming out of his closet.

"Hi baby." I whisper softly and reach up to kiss him with my face away from the phone.

"What's wrong with- damn." He scrunched his eyes after feeling Skye's forehead.

"Exactly, she's on fire." I say after hanging up with Mrs. Nash.

She told me that she would excuse Skye for today and the remainder of the week if need be. She was also going to bring her work by so she wouldn't be behind. As nice as she is to Skye, I regret putting her on blast that day about her marriage. Oh well; know what you're doing before you come for me.

Before putting Skye in the tub I fed her a small bowl of soup to check if she could hold any food down. Just as I suspected, it came right back up. After her bath I got her dressed and turned on the television for her in the playroom while I fed the twins and got dressed myself.

"You excited about your first day back?" Rich asked coming in to the nursery.

I haven't done a clinical since I had the twins. That was a month and a half ago. Thankfully I had requested to do them four days a week this year instead of two since I didn't know how my pregnancy would turn out; meaning I'm not behind at all.

"Uh, I'm not going." I answer, looking down into Bunni's eyes.

She gripped my finger with a smile on her face while I fed her.

"What?" He quickly turned to me with Deuce in his arms.

"I have to take Skye to the Doctor at 8:30." Looking at him I try my best to seem convincing but he wasn't buying it.

"I'm not even gonna go there with you." He sighed and left the room without another word.

***
"Looks like Ms. Skye has an early case of the Flu." The physician said upon entering the room.

"I thought so, but I was hoping otherwise." I say rubbing her back for comfort.

"I knew I should've gotten her shot done already." Rich shook his head and leaned down to kiss her cheek.

"Yea it's come around pretty fast this year. The good thing is you caught the signs early and scheduled her visit. Some parent just mistake those symptoms as the stomach virus." He stated.