Chapter Eight

It was 3:00 in the morning, and I lied there on my stomach as Rich massaged my entire body. He's literally just given me a bath, and now this. He said he was trying to keep me from being as sore as I probably would be. I don't know about all that but it sure felt good.

"You like that?" He asked, slipping his hand in between my thigh.

"Rich, I quit" I looked back at him.

"Awwww my baby can't take no more" he joked, laying down beside me.

"Whatever I'm not the the one who-" my thoughts were cut short by phone ringing phone.

I leaned into the nightstand to see who is it was. When I saw the name I fell flat on my ass out onto the floor.

"Hey dad?" I said nervously into the phone.

"Where the hell you at?" He yelled into the the phone.

"H-huh?"

"Stephanie, I know you better have your ass here within the next fifteen minutes" he hung up.

I knew he was heated because I've never heard him curse. Well I guess I can say goodbye to daylight for awhile. See what people fail to realize is, there's a difference between being grown, and being grown and living with your parents. Especially if your parents are the Pastor and First Lady.

I looked up from my phone to Rich. He looked at me like he already knew.

"How mad is he?"

"Extremely" I said leaving his room to get my things from the other one. I quickly threw on some sweatpants and a hoodie, my Nike slides and put my hair in a bun. I wanted to look like I normally do when I go to bed. If that made any sense.

I was halfway out of the door when Rich grabbed my arm and back me into it.

"Call me later?"

"Yes sir"

"Thanks again sweets," he kissed my lips a few times and walked me to my car.

**********

I pulled up to my house and took a deep breath. I know I was about to get an earful from mommy and daddy both. I personally didn't know what the big deal was, but then again I wasn't raised like this. I hate the fact that they act like they weren't young once. I don't know about mommy, but I know for a fact that daddy was a ladies' man in his day, so me dealing with one guy- just one... Shouldn't be this hard to deal with.

I walked up, unlocked the door and went inside. My daddy came outside of his home office and looked at me. I kept waiting for him to say something...anything.

"Steph... I trusted you" he said looking at me like he knew what Rich and I had done. I felt like just a random jump off from the street the way he was staring at me.

"Dad I-"

"Good night" he started for the the stairs, leaving me standing at the door by myself.

It tore me apart to hear him say that, and look at me that way. He had to know that one day I would "grow up". By the same token I was angry. Daddy always told me he would never judge me, even if I made wrong choices. I used to be able to go to him about everything, but the moment he found out about Rich that changed. And after tonight, our relationship took a turn for the worst. He barely even looks at me, we never have real conversations , and when I come into the room he leaves shortly after. Clearly we're back at square one. I talked to mommy about it, she said he'd come around sooner or later, That he was just in one of his moods. I talked to my brother Stephon, he told me not to worry myself about it. He said when dad found out about him and Anise in high school, he threatened to put him out. I even talked to Rich. He offered to talk to him but that wouldn't do any good. So after a couple weeks passed I said forget it.