Chapter Six

Rich's Dad & Step Mother ⬆️

"How do I look?" I said doing twirl in front of him.

It's been two weeks since our trip to Texas, and now officially 4 months since Rich and I have been dating. Tonight I was meeting his family. I've had a few short phone conversations with his dad and step mom, so it already feels like I know them. They flew in last night from Atlanta to spend the weekend with Rich.

"Beautiful sweets," he smiled looking up from the mirror.

I was dressed in a black A-line dress and a denim jacket, accented with my gold band necklace and hoop earrings. I decided on my Black Giuseppe Zanotti pumps with the gold bow at the cap. I settled on the old faithful body wrap and neutral makeup.

"I know." I laughed winking at him

"You know huh?" He asked smirking at me. I nodded my head in response.

" You know if I can get some love?" He walked slowly in my direction and pulled me into him. He poked his lips out and I gave him mine in response. I drifted off as his lips made love to mine, and I was enjoying every second of it. He moved his hands from my waist to my thighs as I moved closer to him. He positioned his body so I could feel him growing, and I bit my bottom lip and smirked at him.

"Come on, our reservation is in twenty minutes" he chuckled, patting me on my backside.

"So wrong" I pouted and went to grab my clutch purse from the vanity.

I was usually the one who would back up when things got super heated, but after awhile I was starting to want it.

"Not yet sweets" he kissed my cheek and led the way out the door of his condo to the car.

He held my hand as we drove to the place. I didn't know where we were going, but I'm sure it was my favorite.

"You nervous?" He asked looking over at me and back to the road.

"A little" I smiled faintly

"Don't be. I love you already, so I know they will," he grabbed my hand

"I wish you could've met my mom. She would've traded me for you." He laughed

"Really?" I asked laughing

"Yea. She always wanted a girl. You remind me so much of her" I noticed his voice and demeanor changed.

He was extremely close to his mom, and to be honest I'm not sure he's really gotten over it.

I leaned over the console and kissed his lips.

"Well if you're even the smallest reflection of who she was, then I know she was amazing" I said caressing his chin and wiping away his tear

"I love you Rich"

"Thank you Quanni, I love you more" he smiled

He continued to hold my hand as we rode in a peaceful silence the rest of the way .

********

"So this is the beautiful young lady who stole my boy's heart" Mr. Reynolds smiled, embracing me in a warm hug. Rich was the spitting image of his father. They could literally go for brothers- twin brothers.

"Mr. Reynolds, it's great to finally meet you, and Mrs. Reynolds." I said returning both of their hugs.

"Please honey, call me Tawny" she insisted.

"Yea, I'm pops" Mr. Reynolds said proudly.

"C'mon dad, don't run her off already" Rich said blushing, making his dimples show. It was so cute