Chapter Four

I pulled up in front of her house in disbelief. How dare she just up and call me like that. Especially while I was with Quanni. I told her trifling ass to lose my number anyway.

"Trice, you done lost your mind?" I yelled barging into the front door of what was once our home.

"Don't be comin' in here with all that hollering with all that yelling, waking up my baby." She rolled her eyes at me and continued watching whatever was on tv.

Latrice Turner was once the love of my life. I loved her so much, I put a ring on it. Yea, I've been married once. It didn't even last a good twenty-four months before I found out that the woman I was deep in love with had cheated on me with my first cousin, and our baby girl wasn't mine. I could've killed her, but for the sake of the baby I just divorced her and moved the fuck on. As much as it hurt to find out that Skye wasn't mine, I still wanted to be apart of her life. My no good ass cousin Charles landed himself right back in jail shortly after her birth on a murder charge anyway.

"Didn't I tell you to stop calling my phone all hours of the night, especially if it has nothin to do with Skye?" I gritted out in irritation.

"What girl you seein, got you actin all stupid?" She said with a smirk on her face

"What does it matter to you?" I shot back.

"Mind your damn business and stop calling me."

"I need some money" she said in a calm voice

"Trice, I know you didn't go there. I'm paying child support for a a baby that's not even biologically mine- need I remind you. That's $1000 a week, and you talkin bout you need money?" I questioned. I didn't even have to do it, but I could afford it, and I wanted to.

"So what I gotta lie for? You know what I'm not about to beg you or explain my reasoning- just get out!" She yelled springing up from the couch.

"Yea, whatever... Imma talk to my daughter first" I walked right past her and down the hall straight in her Doc McStuffins themed room and smiled at her sleeping figure. She lied there with her thumb in her mouth- a habit she picked up from Trice. Her coily hair covered her eyes. I heard a little light snore come from her little body.

I leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you my Skye" I whispered into her ear.

Just as I turned to leave.. I heard her speak.

"I love you too dad" she looked up at me out of those beautiful almond shaped hazel brown eyes, just like mine. It was a feature that ran in my family, so I just knew she was mine for that reason.

"Baby girl" I smiled, sitting down on her bed.

"I missed you big guy"

For two years old, she was such a smart child. I have to give credit to myself and her mom for that. Though she did me in, she was good for making sure Skye was raised right.

"I missed you more my little munchkin" I laughed

"I leave with you?" She looked up all sad

"Not this time baby, how about this weekend?" I tried to compromise

"Deal" she jumped out of my lap and back under her cover.

"Good night dad" she said.

"Good night my Skye" be a good girl for me. I kissed on her forehead, turned out the light and headed out of the house without one word to Latrice. I was irritated at her irrational behavior. I don't know what's been up with her lately, but it was definitely something. I thought about Quanni during the ride home. I could tell by the way she looked at me at dinner that she knew the call wasn't work related.