Chapter One

Quanni pictured above. ⬆️

ONE YEAR EARLIER
*Beep Beep* My phone lit up the entire room.
*What*
I thought as I leaned across the bed to grab it. My BestFriend Kaitln had left me a video message.

"Okay, girl so I have a cousin. You know Timmy? It's his older brother Richard." She rambled on.

What on Earth could she be talking aboutnow? This girl and her stories be tickling me. I love that girl though. Out of our entire friendship she has never given me a reason to question her loyalty. For that, she will always be a friend. Those are hard to come by now days.

"Anyway though," she went on, bringing me back from my thoughts.

"He likes you girl. He was like damn she fine? Who is that? I was like okay you know she a good girl right? Girl he was like okay I know that. Yea girl he wanna get at you."

I sat my phone down for a minute to take in what she said. Yea, I knew exactly who Richard was. I'd talked to him a couple times on Facebook, but I had no idea he was feeling me. Shoot, I was a tad bit flattered. I picked up my phone and have her a quick reply.
ME: Yea I know him. 😏 give him my #
KAITLN: Okay girl. Yassss! You bout to be on the family.

I chuckled at that last statement. I don't know about bein in the family, but I'll definitely see what he got goin. I went over to Facebook and types his name in.

Richard Reynolds

I gotta give it to him, he was a fine young man. Well, maybe not too young cause I figured he was slightly older than me. He smiled at the camera with those deep honey brown eyes and a smile so sexy it made my stomach ache.

"Ooh look at them dimples" I cooed to myself.

I swear I didn't think he look so good til now. Of course hadn't looked at any potential boo's since me and my ex Christian parted ways.

That child had my heart, and he knew it too. I let him get away with anything, and he took full advantage of it. I blame myself though. He could only do what I allowed him to. But when bitches got bold enough to start disrespecting me? I had to cut him loose. I never been the type to fight over a nigga. You think you got him? Have at it, he yours.

That was my attitude.

I looked at his picture again and wondered what he was all about. What is it about me that he's interested in? Shit, I don't know. I just be chillin.

*Bzzzzzzz* my phone lit up again.

KAITLN: He got it. He said he gone call you.

ME: K.

I tossed the phone back onto the bed and went into the bathroom.

"Well, I am fine. I can see that gettin to him" I said to myself in the mirror.

Laughing I turned around and twisted the faucet on to my jacuzzi tub and poured in my favorite Luxurious Dahlia Rose bubble bath soap.

I walked back into my room while the water warmed up to grab my Betty Boop shorts, tank top, socks, and my phone. I pulled my hair up into a quick bun before I went back into thebathroom. I pulled up Slow Jams on Spotify, stripped my clothes, and climbed in.

Baby won't you just stay
For a little while
Baby won't you just stay

Jodeci blared through the speakers. After I was clean I just sat there for a while thinking about the possibility of me and Richard. He could be just what the doctor ordered for me.

Don't get crazy girl. Do not bluff. I thought to myself while draining the tub and drying off to put on my clothes . I don't wanna get too excited and go all in for him and it all be for nothing.

I slipped on my socks and entered into my room and hopped in my King size bed.

I turned on the tv and flipped through a few channels before I actually fell asleep. I was actually giving Richard a chance to hit me up.

The nigga never did.

The Next Day

*knock knock*
"Quanni?" I looked up at my mother standing in the doorway.
"Huh?" I answered groggily.
"You goin to church today or not?" She questioned "Of course" I said rolling back over. I'm a preacher's kid. When am I not at church? Like for real.
"I'll be up in a minute mama" I assured her as she walked back downstairs. I smelled bacon and coffee. Yea I was definitely getting up.
I finally gained enough strength to get out of the bed. I padded across the floor to my closet to decide what I'd be wearing to church when my phone lit up from the dresser.
RICH: Quanni
Rich finally texted me. I was beginning to think he changed his mind and blew me off.
ME: Rich, hey what's up? :)
RICH: Nothin sweets.. I was beginning to think you weren't interested.
ME: Nah, just waitin on y- He'd sent another text before I could finish.
RICH: I think I can change that though
I chuckled to myself. He sounded pretty confident... I'll be the judge of that. I can't lie, he is fine. But he's so much older than me, and I really and I really ain't got time to be gettin played. I haven't trusted anybody really since my last relationship and I wasn't really planning on it now. As far as chillin and talkin that's cool. But if he gets too close that's it.

*ONE MONTH LATER*

"I can't believe you got me out here on a freakin lake- in the rain Rich." I glanced over a him. To my surprise he was already looking at me.
In all 30 days Richard and I have become literally inseparable. He's the first person I talk to when I wake up and before I go to sleep- well besides God anyway. I don't know what it is about him but he makes me feel so.. Free. I haven't felt like this in a while, and we're not even in a relationship. Even though I like it this way.. I can feel myself pushing him away. I wanna believe he's sincere, but I gotta look out for me too.
"What?" I asked moving out of his gaze.
"You're beautiful" his sweet deep voice made me melt.
"C'mon dude, don't start" I blushed and turned my head.
As if that really helped. He grabbed my waist and pulled me into him. Why did he do that? A party started in my chest, stomach, and panties... Sad.
"I'm serious sweets. Everything about you is beautiful. Your personality, your smile, the way you blush and turn your head when I look at you- everything. You brighten up my whole day, I could really get used to that." He said looking into my eyes. He leaned in and placed a warm kiss on my cheek...