Chapter Seven

"Hi Skye, I'm Quanni. It's so nice to meet you" she smiled and opened her arms.

I could have cried. I honestly didn't know how she was gonna react to Skye being here, but I was hoping for a good one. I know it's soon, but I plan on spending the rest of my life with her, and since she already knows about Skye, I figured I shouldn't prolong their meeting time.

She dropped her mitts and ran to Quanni like she had been in her life forever. I could tell already that this was gonna be perfect.

"Do you love my daddy?"

"More than he knows" she looked up at me and smiled.

"How old are you Ms. Skye?"

"I'm two"

I heard her shout as walked back in the kitchen to get our plates. I grilled fresh Lemon-Pepper Salmon with Arugula Salad and Cheesy Garlic Rolls. I poured three glasses of Cranberry Tea and went back into the dining area. Skye was sitting in her lap and they were taking selfies. If they would ever have anything in common, it'd be how conceited they are. Every time I turn around Quanni is posting a picture of herself on Instagram, and Skye's mom always lets her send me pictures from her phone of her playing dress up.

"Dinner is served" I grinned at the both of them while putting their plates down.

"Looks delicious"

"Yea dad it looks de-shi-shus"

Quanni and I gave each other a look and burst out laughing. I took my seat and said grace.

"Lord, we thank you for this food, and I pray we all make it through, 'cause you know I'm not blessed with cooking sk-"

Quanni broke out in laughter cause me, and Skye to jump.

"Sorry, continue" she placed a hand over her chest, smiling shyly.

"Most of all Lord, thank you for allowing me to fellowship with the two most important ladies in my life... In Jesus name Amen."

"Amen"

"Amen"

I had my dining room customized like a restaurant, so my table was basically an extra large booth, meaning we could all sit together. Dinner was going so well. I mostly enjoyed watching Skye interact with Quanni. I honestly don't know how she could take Skye saying a million and one things at once.

Then all of a sudden she just got quiet.

"What's wrong mama?" Quanni asked her with a look of worry.

"I don't feel good"

I watched as Quanni reached over to feel her head.

"Rich she's burning up, and her tongue is starting to swell " she looked at me frightened

"You know if she's allergic to anything?"

"Not that I know of. She's never had a reaction like this before" I was a little afraid myself.

"We should get it checked out"

"Can you get her shoes and coat for me?" I asked as I went to start the car. I hope my baby is okay.

A few seconds later she was coming out of the door with Skye in one hand, and her own purse and shoes in the other. I peeled out of the drive way as fast as I could. I was running red lights and stop signs until Quanni snapped on me about us having one emergency already and not needing another.

I took note of Quanni's behavior while waiting at a light. It's like she had gone completely into mommy mode.

"I'm scared"