Chapter Twenty-Four

*Rich POV*

"Uncle Poo!"
Skye jumped into Stephon's arms as soon as he opened the door.

I appreciate how Quanni's family loves Skye as if she was their blood. They go out of their way to make her feel like she's apart of them; she even has her own room for when she comes to visit them.

"Skye! What's up mama?" He was spinning around in the floor with her up in the air.

I held Quanni's hand as we stepped inside the house. Mama Lo' is definitely her mother, the entire house looked like Fall. Women use any excuse to decorate.

"What's up Pooch?" I shook up and hugged him.

"What's good man?" He grinned and spoke to me like this has been our first time talking in a while; I just played along.

Before he let me go he stood there and whispered in my ear.

"You told her didn't you?"

"Man, what was I supposed to do?" He let me go and shook his head before turning to Quanni.

He really can kill all that, because he wasn't supposed to say anything either and what does he do? He calls me. I'm responsible for keeping my family together, and keeping something like that from Quanni would only make her shut me out; so I did what I thought was best.

"Hey Peanut." He called to Quanni who had taken the twins over to the couch with her. She was just sitting there staring at them.

Stephon turned to me with a lost facial expression. He held out his hands and shrugged. This nigga is clearly not equipped to handle situations like this. I feel like I'm the oldest in the room instead of him.

"Go talk to your sister Poochie." I rolled my eyes and mumbled.

If this is just the preview of how this week is gonna go, then I'm not looking forward to it. There's too many emotions running free around here.

"What's goin on baby girl?" He sat behind her on the couch and pulled her into him.

"I just don't know anymore Stephon. Seems like every time something good happens, something ten times worse is waiting around the corner. I don't see the point anymore." She scoffed.

"Come on, you gotta stop all this crying before mama comes. If she finds out we said anything, she'll kill us all."  He grabbed a tissue and handed it to her.

"At least I'd be with her." She mumbled sarcastically.

"Chill Steph." I finally said. She's just talking crazy now.

"Not literally, I'm just sayin." She held up her hands in defense.

About that time, her parents were coming downstairs. Thank God. They were both dressed casually in jeans and a white tee. That's relationship goals.

"Awwww my babies!" Mama Lo' walked swiftly to the couch to come and greet us.

She wore a turban, but you could tell that her hair was gone. She looked significantly smaller than the last time we were together, but other than that, her glam squad or whatever they call it had her looking great.

"Hey ma" I smile with my arms open wide, pulling her into my embrace. Unlike any other time though, I held her longer.

"How are you son?" She looked me over and smiled.

"I'm good mama. How are you?" She communicates with her eyes and nodded her head.

"Grammy." Skye jumped up and down.