Chapter Fifteen

"Oh, oh my God. Yes, Yes YES I'll marry you." She shouted as tears fell down her cheeks.

I placed the ring on her left ring finger and she began to jump up and down.

"Hold up now, my babies." I grabbed her waist and pulled her into a kiss. I almost forgot all of our family and friends were here when she bit my bottom lip. She pulled away and smirked a little bit.

Everyone cheered and said their congratulations as we worked the room. I held Quanni's hand as she held a sleepy Skye in her arms.

Finally everyone said their goodbyes and went back to their hotels, with the exception of our parents. I made Quanni go to bed because it was 2 AM and she had been up literally the entire day. I'm sure she's not sleep though because Mama Lo, and Tawni were in the master bedroom with her.

Her dad, my dad, and myself were downstairs putting away food and chatting.

"I'm proud of you son." My dad leaned into the island across from where I was sitting with Quanni's dad.

"You've reached higher levels of success that I could only ever imagine, and you haven't even made 30. It's not about the jobs, money, or the material things. Your ability to continue on and strive in spite of adversity has always been amazing to me. I know I don't tell you that as often as I should, but I am extremely proud to call you son... I know Rima would be too."

"Thanks dad..." I did a half smile. It's kind of bitter sweet that's she's not here.

I often wonder what would life be like for me now if she hadn't passed. I am thankful though that my dad met Tawni when he did; although she could never replace my mom, she sort of picked up where she left off.

"Make sure you keep that girl happy." He said seriously.

"Of course... I don't have a choice." I eyed her dad who was busy eating some leftover cake.

"You doggone right,"He chuckled a little and nudged my shoulder.

"But I think he learned his lesson the first time. My baby girl is short and soft spoken, but she can be a fire cracker if you push her."

"No, not that little sweet girl." My dad shook his head in disbelief

"Whatever, she tried to beat my a-" I caught myself and looked at her dad. I wanted to be respectful, plus I was trying to stop cursing.

They gave each a look and burst out in laughter.

"Get ready for a lifetime of that." They said almost instantly at the same time.

I appreciate the fact that they're close and can joke around, but they were finding too much humor in that for my comfort.

"Anyway, y'all wanna see the rest of the house?" I asked the question but it was more of a demand. Clearly they got the point because they followed me as I led the way out of the kitchen.

I started with the first level of the house which was the downstairs nursery and playroom, two guest rooms for our parents which each had full bathrooms and a lake view terrace, mine and Quanni's adjoining office, the basement gym, and finally the 'Man Cave'.

I made sure Quanni's and I both had a place in the house to wind down; mine was the man cave and hers was 'The Lady's Room'.

"Now this right here... Is what every man needs." My dad said as he relaxed on the reclining chocolate colored sectional and adjusted the massage settings.

"You're telling the truth man." Quanni's dad agreed as he began a new game on Madden 11.

"I can think of quite a few times I've had to just go to my 'office' and get my head together after talkin to Lo." He went on to say.