Prolouge

"Let me go Rich. I'm sick of this shit!" I yelled from the bottom of the stairway. This argument tonight was my last straw.. I guess. For eight months now I have allowed this man to tug and play at my heart, and for what?

"Quanni bae , stop doing this to yourself. You know it's not good for the baby." He grabbed me calmly and laid his extra large, warm hands on my stomach. Deuce kicked in reply to his father.
*Damn, why did I ever love this man?* I thought.

"Rich, I'm tired." I spoke in a low defeated tone.
"That's cause you don't listen. I told you to lay down an hour ago."He shot back an annoyed look out of those sexy brown eyes. See that's my problem...

"No Rich!" I jerked away and moved to the other side of the living room in irritation.

"I'm tired of this- all this! I'm not even supposed to be here right now. Eighteen and 5 months pregnant with a man that I'm not sure really loves me."

My voice cracked a little at that last statement. I knew the tears were sure to come.

"See that's the shit I be talkin bout!" He shot back. " Everything be all good till you talk to one of your girls. You fuckin with them, or you fuckin with me Quanni? You know I love you Quanni."

I rolled my eyes as he pulled me up from the couch and up into his arms with almost no effort at all. My *Deuce Bump* left a little separation between our faces. I just stared behind him into the wall as he planted a trail of thick warm kisses up my neck.
Any other night and my panties would have already been off. But not tonight. I had to stand my ground.

" Why you acting like this babe?" He asked me, lookin all dumb in the face- as always.

" Rich. I know you still seein your ex wife!" I spat back.

His left eyebrow twitched. "Bingo, I struck a nerve" I thought out loud and quickly hopped out of his arms.

"Yea the bitch approached me at the dry cleaners while I was picking up YOUR clothes I said in a matter of fact tone while walking up the stairs.
He just looked at me.

" If you gone fuck with her Rich, you could at least tell her to show your baby mama some respect" as much as I hated the thought or reality of being that, it was the truth and tonight Rich was gonna get the truth.

"She's starting to piss me off, and that's not good for the baby remember?" I said with an attitude. And with that he grabbed his keys and left.

I just let the tears fall as I walked into our bedroom. I looked around the creme colored room and wondered where our relationship ever went wrong... I mean we hit it off with a bang. But since the day Rich found out I was pregnant things have taken a turn. Which is funny because I wasn't even the one who wanted a baby. It was him. The nigga caught me slipping and put one in me.

When I found out I would be somebody's mother I was so heart broken. Rich knew I didn't wanna do it like this. But because I loved him so much I accepted it, and well now here we are. I'm sitting here alone in our bed, rubbing my deuce bump abs looking like a fool.

"All for you" I said as I glanced over to Rich's picture that sat at the night stand. That had been our relationship motto since we first got together. I remember it like it was yesterday...
After weeks of us talking and texting on the phone I finally met his fine ass in person.

He walked up to me in those mustard colored timberlands and crisp ironed jeans and white button down polo shirt.

"Hey beautiful" was all he said and the rest was History.
"All for you" I said aloud again, looking at his picture. Only this time I picked it up and flung it across the room. Tiny pieces of glass immediately shattered across the floor.

I now felt this was All For Nothing...