Hell house part 3

Alisons head laid in deans lap while he sketched out the symbol that was stuck on his mind.

She was tired and Dean could tell. He always slept with Alison, because she was scared to sleep alone. He remembered something she once said, something like if he didn't sleep with her, the monsters would get her, and Dean slept in the same bed with her ever since.

He hated that she didn't feel safe sleeping alone. Sometimes he wondered if she felt safe at all.

"The hell is this symbol?" Dean questioned himself. "It's bugging the hell out of me. This whole damn job is bugging me." He stated. " I thought the legend said Mordecai only goes after chicks."

"It does." Sam said.

"Alright, well that explains why he went after you and Alison, but why me?" Dean questioned.

"Hilarious." Sam said sarcastically.

Alison furrowed her brows and looked up at dean.

"I'm not a chick, I'm a girl." She stated.

Dean couldn't help but chuckle.

"Right." He nodded, running his fingers through her hair.

"You know, the legend also says he hung himself, but you see those slit wrists?" Sam asked.

"Yeah."

"What's up with that? And the axe, too. I mean, ghosts are usually pretty strict, right? Following the same patterns over and over." Sam started.

"But it keeps changing." Dean finished for him.

"Yeah. The way the story goes..." Sam trailed off, staring at his laptop screen. "Wait a minute."

"What?" Dean asked.

"Someone added a new post to the hellhound website. Listen to this. They say Mordecai Murdoch was really a satanist who chopped up his victims with an axe before slitting his own wrists. Now he's imprisoned to the house for eternity." Sam read. "Where the hell is this going?"

Alison sat up straight and looked at the drawing on the note pad in her fathers hand. She giggled.

"What?" Dean asked making Sam look back at both of them.

"Daddy, I thought you didn't like that band." She said.

Dean furrowed his brows.

"What?" He asked again.

"Blue oyster cult, you don't like that band, renember?"

Dean sat up straight, staring at the symbol on the paper.

"Alison, you're amazing." Dean told her.

"I am?" Ali asked.

"Yeah! But, wait...why didn't you say anything if you knew what it was?" Dean questioned her.

"You didn't ask me." Ali stated.

Dean sighed.

"You're gonna be the death of me."

~~~

"Hey greg!" Dean greeted the teenage boy as they entered the store. "Remember us?"

"Guys." He turned around to face them. "I really not in the mood to answer any more of your questions." He told them.

"Oh, don't worry. We're just here to buy an album, that's all." Dean said, adjusting his daughter on his hip.

Dean started flipping through the records beside him, then picked one up.

"You know, I couldn't figure out what that symbol was, and then an adorable little birdy reminded me, it doesn't mean anything." Dean sent his daughter a small smile, in which she returned. "It's the logo for blue oyster cult."