Thirty-Three

« 33—WII BOWLING »
~~~•~~~

« 33—WII BOWLING »~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~
"You got a five?"

"Yes I do, go fish!"

"Talia, we're playing Uno."

Talia reshuffled her cards to fit the correct game and smiled brightly up at Magnus as he stirred his cocktail with one hand and fanned his cards in the other.

He sat across from her, lounging in his mulberry coloured couch. His hair slicked upwards it spikes, which Talia believed was to make him seem taller. A camo-like jacket hung from his shoulders, contrasting his regular lavishly, flowing clothes.

No moment in time would the warlock choose to ignore his students wishes at seeing him, no matter if he still had his pyjama bottoms on.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Magnus' brown eyes watched her carefully.

The younger girl nodded her head as she placed the next card onto the pile, "Kind of, I'm just worried about everyone around me really. Clary is struggling with Jocelyn's death, so much so that she went to another warlock who gave her false promises of reviving her-"

Magnus placed another card down on the pile as he sipped on his drink. He softened his demeanour as he laid back onto the sofa once more, one leg crossed over the other and his head tilted slightly to the side in encouragement.

"-Jace seems a bit all over the place, sometimes he seems like he's okay, playing around and being his normal self, but then other times he's distant and quiet. I wish he'd talk about it more but I understand how overwhelmed he must feel."

Talia picked up a card from the pile and frowned when the colour did not match the one Magnus had placed, "I think Izzy is hiding something from all of us, something to do with Aldertree, I've seen them sneaking around and I haven't had time to ask her about it. I just have a bad gut feeling about it. I worry for Luke, and even Simon, I haven't heard from them in a while and I don't know how they're processing everything new that's happened."

She sighed shaking her head, feeling the tickle of the wisps of hair that had fallen out of her two braids, framing her face. Magnus listened intently as she shuffled forward to place another card.

"And then there's Alec, I hope what I've said about the Jocelyn incident has helped him but he still has a guilty conscious. But we spoke about our feelings for one another-"

Twiddling her finger around the strand of hair, she looked up and saw Magnus' face light up at the mention of it.

"And we're happy with each other, actually dating, like a couple-"

Magnus wiggled his eyebrows,"So he's your boyfriend, is what you're trying to say, cupcake?"

Talia pointed finger guns at him, whilst balancing her remaining cards in her right hand, "Oui! And uno!"