Five

« 5—SILENT BROTHERS »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~The sky was darkening even more when they arrived

~~~•~~~
The sky was darkening even more when they arrived.

The group disembarked the yellow van, with Jace shutting the sliding door behind them. The Shadowhunters scanned the area, looking for any possible threat or planned attack.

"Yeah, this place isn't creepy," Simon sighed, looking at the dark and deserted area which had barrels of fire lighting up a path, "Not at all."

"Don't tell me you're afraid," Izzy chuckled, not looking at the boy as a smirk graced her lips as she looked at Talia to see the same reaction.

"Are you kidding me? I was born afraid... which sounded a lot better in my head," he replied, immediately realising what he had said and trying to turn it into something funny to break the silence of the outdoors.

"Let's check it out," Alec told them, obviously bored with the mundane's poor attempt at flirting with his sister.

The four Shadowhunters moved forward, Clary tried to follow them but Jace put his hand out to block her, "Wait here a minute, I wanna see if it's safe."

Clary moved back to stand next to Simon as Talia joined the three to find out that they were, in fact, not going to be checking if it was safe but instead delving into a heated argument.

"Hey," Alec said, pulling Jace's attention away from Talia's sister and onto his serious face, "If something goes wrong, if something happens to her, that's on us, you know that right?"

"Yeah," Jace replied, shaking his head in frustration as he looked at his Parabatai, "And you know exactly what'd happen if Valentine gets the cup before we do."

Alec looked understandingly at him before turning to face the discussed girl, "She's lost everything, Alec. I know exactly what that feels like."

"It's always nice to know that I'm invisible to both you and Clary in this matter," Talia states, her face sharp as she watches Jace with her shadowed green eyes.

He turned to face the girl that matched his height, "You don't seem as upset about it."

"Shadowhunters are taught to control their emotions or it gets someone killed," The brunette narrowed her eyes at him as she crossed her arms across her chest, "Jocelyn may have favoured Clary over me by a long shot but she is still my mother as much as she is hers."

Jace's face stayed like it was set in stone whilst Alec looked at Talia respectfully from her comment of being a Shadowhunter which made her more of one than her sister was, of whom was happy to bring everyone into her mess without thinking of the consequences of her actions for others.