Thirty-Five

« 35–.... IS A POWERFUL THING »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~In the days that followed, a few complications occurred

~~~•~~~
In the days that followed, a few complications occurred.

Clary found herself wrapped up in the curse of her blood oath whilst also battling rogue Downworlders who wanted to kill her. This stemmed from Maia overhearing the conversation between the group at the party and setting off wildfires of doubt.

Magnus and Luke were left to stand alone defending Clary's right to live with the heads of each Downworlder clan.

Alec learned of Izzy's relationship with yin fen and coincidentally, her relationship with Raphael. The vampire wasn't left in good shape after the three met.

Jace and Simon were met with their differences amidst their feelings for Clary. Jace being the self righteous man he is, keeping his mouth shut when it came to what Clary wanted.

And where was Talia?

Sat bored out of her mind in her bedroom. On house arrest, by orders of Aldertree.

Turns out it wasn't as easy to hide that you were a hybrid of a Shadowhunter with an increasing power range as she thought.

Aldertree's questioning methods were rather dry on all accounts, so much so that Talia had actually managed to fall asleep sat up. He mainly asked what kind of a threat she posed to their world.

Her most consistent reply had been, 'If you don't bring me snacks or Alec in the next twenty minutes I'll be a greater threat than Valentine.'

The man was not one for sarcasm.

Talia sighed as she threw her head back in the shower, letting the hot water trickle down her neck as she lifted her hair out of the way, tying it up so it didn't get wet. It had grown longer, and lighter as she had spent time as an actual Shadowhunter with an identity.

Processing her last few days before her freedom was lost was a minefield for the young woman. After her realisation that understanding the demonic language Chthonian with no prior teachings was not normal, she understood that as Valentines first experiment, he must have just thrown everything in hoping for at least outcome. When instead, three manifested.

Explaining that to Aldertree was harder than expected for someone who was closer to her age than most of the other Clave representatives. He was very much set in the old ways and a hybrid Shadowhunter was not something he could openly accept.

"How many people have known about this before I?" Aldertree asked plainly.

Talia swung her feet over the side of bed as she retrieved the water bottle he had so kindly brought to her, "From people who I've personally told? Hmm, well there's obviously Alec, Izzy, Jace and Clary. Beyond that were people who already knew, Magnus, Jocelyn and the previous Circle members, some high ranking Downworlders such as Raphael, and Inquisitor Herondale. Although, she had previously thought I was dead."