Twenty-Eight

« 28—REST »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~Upon arrival at the Institute, swarms of Shadowhunters stood by the entrance, staring at the dishevelled girl at the centre of the group

~~~•~~~
Upon arrival at the Institute, swarms of Shadowhunters stood by the entrance, staring at the dishevelled girl at the centre of the group.

Talia moved her eyes warily over them as they stared at her bloodied shirt and bruised neck. She suddenly felt an arm brush against hers, lightly tracing their fingers over her skin, looking down she saw the arm belonged to Alec as he kept close to her side whilst she saw his eyes watch straight ahead, an unreadable look overcoming him.

Izzy walked ahead of them, glaring at people who gave Talia a dirty look which instantly caused them to drop their eyes, as she lead them to the infirmary.

The medics quickly hurried themselves over to the blonde, laying her down onto one of the beds before drawing iratzes over the wounds and stitching up the deeper cuts. As they lifted her top higher to reach the area she had been shot, Alec's lips pulled into a tight line as he inspected the wound, whilst Talia drank from the glass of water Izzy brought her.

The doctor sighed, sympathy crossing her face as she turned to Alec, "She's not in a good state, whatever Valentine has done with both the needle and the neck brace has not put her in a good position, it's a wonder she made it as far into the city as she did."

"So how long will I have to be here?" Talia asked, watching as Raj, one of the Shadowhunters she had injured from saving Meliorn, spoke quietly to Alec, but not after the older man gave her a dirty look.

"Hard to tell, but I'm doubtful that it will be any less than a day."

Talia sighed sadly, resting her head on the hard pillow that was customary for these beds, from her experience. It upset her that she wouldn't be able to help her friends free Jace as soon as possible and that she would be on bedrest for the next couple of days. She turned to Alec who had finished talking to the dark-haired man, "What was that about?"

"Demon briefing in the ops centre, they say it's all hands on deck," He clicked his tongue, leaning himself forward in his chair before looking back to her, "You need to stay here though of course. No stop pouting at me that's not going to work you melon, put the bottom lip away now."

Talia rolled her lip back into her mouth and narrowed her eyes at him, "Yes father."

Alec pulled a face at her, "Ew."

She beamed a grin up at him as she settled back into the bed, watching as he stood up with a light smile on his face, "Don't do anything stupid till I get back okay?"

"How could I?" She spoke, her eyes lighting up for the first time in weeks, "You're taking all the stupid with you."

His blue eyes bore down on her as he blinked slowly, "Was that an Avengers reference?"