Nine

« 9—WARLOCK»
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~"I'm a warlock?" Talia repeated, looking Magnus straight in the eye as he nodded his head slightly, "Cool

~~~•~~~
"I'm a warlock?" Talia repeated, looking Magnus straight in the eye as he nodded his head slightly, "Cool."

"How can she be a warlock? She's a Shadowhunter," Alec questioned, a thick, dark eyebrow raised as he took small steps towards the pair.

Talia moved her head to the side as she looked around Magnus to see Jace, Izzy and Clary who was holding a small girl, unmistakeably a young warlock.

Magnus fluttered his hands around as he formulated an answer, "Essentially, yes, Talia is a born Shadowhunter, the warlock part of her is more, implanted."

"Wait, Talia's a warlock?" Clary interrupted as she walked up to the small group, leading her to stand nearer to Alec. He sidestepped towards Talia.

"Yes, we've already gone through this, we're trying to find out how," Talia said as she turned back to Magnus, silently pleading for him to continue.

Just as he was about to open his mouth to speak, "Isn't that like really rare then? I mean that can't be a usual thing."

Talia looked up at the ceiling, closing her eyes as she let out a loud groan, "I despair sometimes."

"It's not rare," Jace stepped forward, his eyes assessing the tall brunette who looked more interested in stand-up sleeping, "It's impossible."

"Correct, warrior princess," Magnus quickly confirmed, using the accurate response to suit Jace, Talia thought anyway, "Now, as I was saying, Talia wasn't born half warlock, it was induced. She was Valentine's very first experiment, the Ardea Herodias, the infant Shadowhunter that was unknowingly being experimented on with Downworlder, Angel and Demon blood."

Talia's eyes widened as Magnus finished. She looked around the faces in the room which reflected her shock and disgust at the idea of a child being experimented on.

"How old was I?" The brunette whispered, her eyes only looking at Magnus' which were filled with sorrow at the memory.

"Six months."

Her eyes dropped to the ground as sharp intakes of breath were heard around her. She shook her head and walked out the door and onto the blood red coloured corridor, her head and back resting against the cold wall.

She closed her eyes as her thoughts overwhelmed her; how could a man, who was supposedly her father, do something as terrible as experimental tests on a child that couldn't even walk? How could Jocelyn have agreed or allowed this? Why did she block her warlock, and maybe other Downworlder, powers?