Thirteen

« 13—HOME »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~Talia never found out who ate her pizza

~~~•~~~
Talia never found out who ate her pizza.

Alec entered the room a few minutes later, as Magnus had something against locking his doors, to take her back to the Institute. She argued with Magnus that she could have just teleported herself there but he told her that she needed some fresh air. Wow, I didn't realise that he was becoming my dad, she thought as she rolled her eyes at his response.

They walked in silence along the streets, a comfortable distance between them as they watched the sun rising and the shops beside them beginning to open their shutters. Talia held her leather jacket around her tightly as her top still hung in shreds and Magnus had given her some of his very tight fitting pants to replace her bloodied ones.

As they turned a corner, Talia realised where she was as she spotted the art school Clary had snuck off to the other day and saw the cake shop of which she didn't have any money for.

She looked at it longingly until the footsteps beside her stopped and a hand caught her wrist and pulled her around gently so that she was looking directly into the bright blue eyes of the young man in front of her.

There was little room between them as he dropped her wrist and turned his head towards the shop and then back to her, a piece of his jet black hair, swinging in front of his eyes.

"Would you like a slice of cake from that shop?" He asked her as his cheeks reddened slightly when he realised their proximity, but didn't step away.

"Is that alright with you?" She replied keeping her eyes on his as he nodded, giving her a small smile as he tugged her through the door.

Alec looked around the small room before moving his eyes back to Talia's, "You can go find us a table if you want."

"Are you sure you're okay with paying?" Talia asked him again as he moved into the queue behind an elderly lady. He rolled his eyes as a grin played on his lips.

"Yes, Talia, now find a table."

They were taking the food out so Talia would only have the table temporarily and so when she decided on the table next to the window she took the time to look at the other cakes in the shop and watch the people who passed the window, heading off to work with their briefcases and brisk walks.

But there was also the young couples that walked hand in hand admiring all the products in the windows. Talia thought about she had never had that and probably wouldn't ever have that with her new 'job'.

Alec tapped on her shoulder as he held a small cardboard box in his hands and balanced the two coffees on top. She chuckled slightly at the sight before standing up and taking her coffee from the top of the box. She sipped at it as they left the shop and carried on walking towards the Institute.