Seven

« 7—DISTRACTIONS »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~Alec and Talia went into an underground area of which Izzy had sent them the coordinates to

~~~•~~~
Alec and Talia went into an underground area of which Izzy had sent them the coordinates to.

The room was dimly lit and all metallic, the sounds of their footsteps echoing on the metal stairs as Alec called for Izzy when they neared the top.

"I got your text,"Alec spoke once they caught sight of her standing against a wire frame, phone in hand and wearing a tight red dress, "Where are we exactly?"

"It's an old meatpacker's service entrance," She told them as she started towards the other side of the building, "If we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel DuMort. Perfect right? We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to go find Simon."

"Okay," Alec replied simply, shrugging his bow higher up his shoulder, keeping his straight face as Izzy turned to him.

"'Okay'?" Alec turned to face his younger sister to try and find what her fussing was about as Talia came and stood on the other side of Izzy, "It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel."

Alec watched her half serious face and smiled sarcastically to match his tone, "Great job, Izzy. You have faerie dust on your dress."

She grinned at her brother as she moved to wipe off the dust, Talia pointed to a patch on her shoulder as she laughed quietly at the siblings.

"And I hate being the distraction."

"I don't," Izzy piped up from behind Talia and her brother, "You know, you'd be a lot happier if you weren't so freaking repressed. Alec? Hello?"

Alec rolled his eyes as he continued on, ignoring his sister, crouching to get through a small hole in the wall. Talia turned to the younger girl and shrugged her shoulders, she didn't know what Izzy was talking about but she could tell that Alec didn't want to talk about it anytime in the future.

Talia soon found her way to the front of the group, slightly ahead of them so that the siblings could speak privately and work out whatever was annoying Alec so much.

"You're really not gonna talk to me, are you?" Izzy smiled as she watched Talia walk ahead of them, checking each corner for a threat and well out of earshot.

"That's because you have no idea what you're talking about."

"But I do, you have feelings whether you like 'em or not, Alec."

Alec stopped at a ladder at the end of the hallway, watching Talia, who was further up, reach the top, he turned back to face his sister to see what he was looking at and smirked when her eyes met his, "This is not the time or the place, Izzy."