Love at First Fight

Santana is the new kid in kindergarten and Quinn isn't so friendly.

(Includes time jumps)

I'm not scared to meet new people.

I never am.

Mommy says I'm confident and that helps meeting new people.

She cried when dropping me off, but I told her I will be alright. I'm very smart and I'll be home in a couple of hours.

Walking into my new classroom was cool.

I looked around at the kids and I immediately find a really pretty blonde girl. She looks like a good friend to have.

"Ok class one, two, three, eyes on me. We have a new student, her name is Santana. She just switched schools" my teacher says putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Hi" I wave at everyone.

"I want you guys to make her feel welcome. Santana you can sit next to Lucy, Can you raise your hand Lucy?" she asks pointing to the blonde girl from earlier.

"My name isn't Lucy, it's Quinn" Quinn rolls her eyes putting her hand down. I walk to the empty chair beside her, she looks at me and scrunches her face up and I return the the look.

I wonder why she was being so mean.

"Hi I'm Santana Lopez" I say giving her a smile.

"I didn't say you could talk to me Lopez" she grits her teeth, looking at me in disgust.

"Why are you being so rude Quinnie?" I ask not breaking my smile.

"Don't call me that" she crosses her arms.

"You gave me a nickname and I gave you one, even though mine is way better" I shake my head, with a giggle.

"Why are you being nice to me even though I've been mean?" she asks looking at me.

"My mommy always tells me to be nice, even if people are mean. You have to kill them with kindness" I explain.

"Well Sanny looked like you just found a best friend" she says with a smile and I smile back.

I've made a best friend on the first day!

3 years later the 3rd grade...

Quinn and I are in my room about to play just dance. I'm setting up the game, while she sits and watches me.

"Ok it's all set up" I smile handing her the second player controller.

"Can I be first player?" She asks.

"Why?" I furrow my brows.

"Because I want to control it duh" she rolls her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You don't need first player. You can choose your character regardless of player number" I tell her shaking my head.

"Well I still want the first player" she stomps, getting mad.

"I said I'm first player" I roll my eyes, raising my voice.

"Well then I'll just take it from you" she reaches for the controller.

"No way" I hide it behind my back. She tackles me to the ground and I try to fight back, but she had me pinned down.

"Get off of me!" I yell kicking around.

"Give me the controller!" She yells back. I can hear mom's footsteps up the stairs and then her opening my door.

"Quinn get off of Santana, what are you girls fighting about this time?" She asks stepping between us.