ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ

mia

"you ready?" i ask june as she walks out of her room in a tank crop top and some ripped denim shorts. we're both not a huge fan of summer weather. luckily september is next month and it will be fall. i need fall. fall is my everything.

"i'm scared." june pouts. automatically my mom side kicks in.

"we don't have to go, okay? we can stay here, call and cancel. we don't have to do it." i reassure her and she shakes her and takes a deep breath.

"no. i've been wanting to do this for awhile and i'm finally going to do it!" she walks out of the house, not grabbing her keys. guess i'm driving.

as we pull up to calum's tattoo parlor i look to my right and see june fiddling with her fingers.

"hey, you don't have to get a tattoo today. don't feel forced." i grab her left hand and she takes another deep breath.

"i'm just really nervous." she admits and i squeeze her hand. she's only scared, i'll hold her hand. i thought she was feeling forced. i don't like making anyone feel that way.

"you can hold my hand the whole time." i smile at her and she looks at me with a lot of hope filling her eyes. "i love you, but i'm not going to be soft about this. first few tattoos always hurt. don't feel embarrassed if you're squeezing my hand so tight i lose circulation."

june laughs at my comment and hops out of my car, me following and lock my doors. we walk into find ashton, zayn and calum just hanging and talking. not a lot of customers today.

"i'm june. i called for 2:45." j walks, confidence in her stride. that's my best friend. even when scared, she's confident. people find it annoying, but i find it amazing at how one could be like this.

"guessing your the friend mia talked about?" calum smiles and zayn, ashton and june look at me and back to calum with confused faces. "ran into each other while we were shopping." calum explains to the three of them.

"okay." ashton says and turns his attention to june. "we're all free, so who do you want?" he asks and i roll my lips into my mouth, trying not to say how i took that wrong.

"who did mia's?" june questions the three men in front of her. i love danielle, but if i were her height in here i'd be very intimidated by these three guys. danielle is 5' ft.

"cal." zayn and ashton say at the same time and they look at each other with a smile and high five each other. i shake my head at the two. only guys that have been constant in my life are my dads. tyler, one of my dads is a total car freak. edward, my other dad is all about art. he's why i'm so in love with art. any forms of it.

"earth to mia." june raises her voice a little and i snap out of my thoughts and reply with a short 'hm'. "you told me you'd let me lose all circulation in your hand." she smiles at me as she sits down and i stand right beside her, not wanting to sit. "we're doing matching tattoos." she grabs my hand.

"when did i agree to this?" i quickly respond to june's words. "you never told me this. what the hell?" what the hell is she even getting. she said it was a surprise. fuck. if this is the surprise then i'm going to kill her.

"right when you said i didn't have to tell you what tattoo i want." she smiles at me as i roll my eyes.

"seems someone isn't happy." ashton comments and i whip my head to him. you picked the wrong time to say that shit.

"at least i'm not as upset as you were every time you got rejected with that stupid pick up line." i snap back and zayn and calum laugh while ashton sits there, unamused with my response.

"you're never going to let go of that, are you?" zayn asks me and i shake my head. "mate, you're in for some funny shit whenever she comes back for more tattoos." zayn places his hand on ashton's shoulder.

"you ready?" calum calms down from laughing and becomes serious. june squeezes my hand as she nods and calum's start.

we all sit quietly as we watch calum give june her first ever tattoo. i pay attention to it and see she's getting a sun on her left ankle. is she going to make me get a moon on my right ankle, so we can put our feet next to each other and it seem like one foot and it has both tattoos? she's talked about this. well fuck.

calum finishes june's tattoo and looks up to me, "ready for your sixth tattoo in less than twenty four hours?" i roll my eyes at him as june and i switch places. seems june told them where the tattoo is going to be because he already starts on my right ankle. i'm definitely going to kill j.

"i'm going to kill you." i look to june and she just smiles triumphantly, making me give her a very unenthusiastic expression.

"you love me too much." she rocks back and forth on her feet. "plus, i'm helping pay with rent." she says and everyone cracks up besides calum, he's too focused on making sure the tattoo is just right.

calum wipes my tattoo, "wanna guess at what it is?"

"it's a moon." i make eye contact, his brown eyes meeting my own brown ones. he smiles wide, making his eyes scrunch and dimples pop on each side of his mouth. "you've shown me this matching tattoo stuff before." i turn to june and she still stands there with a huge smile on her face.