ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

mia

"good morning." i open my eyes to find a naked, bed head calum with his arms around me. "last night was fun." he pulls me a little closer to him.

"which part?" i rest my chin on his chest to look up at him. he tilts his head down to meet his gorgeous brown eyes with mine.

"both." calum kisses my lips. "but i liked the date more. i like getting to know more about you." he takes his fingers through my messy silver hair.

"diddo." i close my eyes, still tired from last night. also pretty sure i can't stand from how sore my legs feel right now. "what are we?" i open my eyes as i ask him the same question he did me yesterday morning.

"kind of depends if you wanna be my girlfriend or not." he plays with my hair while we keep eye contact. "cause i'd really like to be able to call you mine."

"you're not using me to make you pancakes, are you?" i make a joke and i can feel the laugh from his chest.

"nope. just you and you're weirdness." god, he's so adorable i could scream.

"then yes." i agree to being his girlfriend. wow. i'm his girlfriend. i haven't had a serious relationship or a relationship in general since high school.

"you're not just saying yes because you like hanging with my son more than me, are you?" calum looks to be holding back a laugh.

"no, i quite like you and your awkwardness." i really can't believe i'm dating calum. i didn't see him as more until a few nights ago. "unlike me, you have work."

"ashton and zayn can handle it today." he doesn't want to leave. "i rather stay like this all day. with you." he pays more attention to playing with my messy hair.

"you can't use my comfy bed as an excuse to not go to work." i try to scoot away from him, but he pulls me back with a pout.

"though your bed is really comfortable, you're my excuse." calum admits and i swear this guy couldn't get cheesier. "i just want to spend today with you."

"i would love that, but you have work and i have emails to respond to." i get out of his grip and throw on his shirt from last night, too lazy to go to my closet and get my own.

"i'm staying." calum cuddles to my side as i sit back up with my laptop. "you're a nice cuddle buddy too." i swear i could laugh at this boy and his cheesiness all day long.

"you do know if you're going to do that then you have to tell zayn and ashton." i log onto my laptop as calum places his head under my left arm.

"ashton knows." calum explains to me. "i've been awake for awhile." he tells me how ashton knows. called him when i was asleep.

for the next few hours calum and i sit in my bed while i answer emails and calum questions about them and my job. he seems to genuinely be interested in my job and what comes along with it.

"hey, mia, i'm going ou-" june pops her head in to then go silent. "hi, calum. didn't know you were here." she seems surprised by calum's presence. i mean, i would too. she most likely thought that calum would be gone and at work. "can i talk to you?" june points at me and i slide out of bed. surprisingly, i don't almost fall on my ass from how sore my legs are.

"you wanted to talk?" i walk into the kitchen to see june. i can't read her facial expression so i'm kind of freaked out now.

"a little heads up calum would still be here would've been nice." she whisper yells at me. "i could've walked in to tell you something serious and him accidentally hear it."

"i tried to get him to leave. he doesn't want to go, so i allowed him to stay. and i thought you were going straight to work from his place. i'm sorry, i should've told you and not skipped to the fact you were going straight to work." i open my arms for a hug and she gladly gives me one. "i love you."

"i love you, too." june kisses my cheek as we pull away from the hug. "and when he leaves you're telling me everything. also, i was going to tell you i'm going to work and i picked up donuts for you."

"you got me donuts?" i get excited over one of my favorite foods. "i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you!"

"i love you, too." she laughs. "but now i have work and you can eat as many of those donuts as your heart desires."

"drive safe!" i tell june as i stand in the kitchen, eating a chocolate glazed donut. fuck. i love you. marry me. i quickly remember calum's still here and walk back into my room with the donuts. "eat any of the chocolate ones and i'll hide your body."

"noted." calum laughs as he opens the box of donuts as i get back under the covers and back to work. calum cuddles up to me again. "i like you in my shirt."

"good because it's comfortable and you're not getting it back." i grab another donut from the box and keep my attention on my laptop.

"i can't go back home without a shirt." he tells me and i shake my head. like hell he's getting this back. it's really fucking comfortable and now it's mine.

"yeah, you can. you just prefer not to." i remove my arm from around him to quickly type something.

"you can keep it if you no longer move your arm." calum moves my left arm back around his neck. i now see where julian got the clingy gene.