ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

calum

holy shit.

"you bitch!" reece holds her cheek while her eyes show shock and frustration.

"get the hell out before i make you." mia uses the little height difference between the two to her advance. "and i may be a bitch, but at least whenever i'm scared i go to my family for help, not leave them." mia's nose flares.

"you have no right to tell me what i should or shouldn't have done!" reece starts to throw the kind of fit she used to throw whenever she wasn't getting her way. "you don't know what i was going through!"

"i know i don't, but that gives you no damn reason to up and leave with no explanation to the people you say you love!" mia seems done with her. done with her shit. "tell me why. why out of nowhere you've decided that now you want to come into their lives!"

"why is this any of your concern?" reece seems as if she's on the verge of breaking down or lashing out, maybe both.

"julian is not your son," mia's voice reached all through out the shop and i see june outside the window now and she seems as shocked as i am, "that little boy is mine, now get the hell out."

"he is not yours." reece tries to stand her ground, but mia wasn't for it. yeah, i think hell is about to be raised. "he's mine."

"like hell he is." mia stands chest to chest, face to face with reece. "there's one person julian calls mom and that's me. that person will never be you."

"he called me mommy first."

"and he's now grown and hasn't said mommy in a long ass time." mia seethes and though she's 5'8 her anger is making her seem like she's 6'5. "no one wants you here, so leave."

"make me."

"gladly." mia tries to go, but ash reaches her and pulls her back. june makes her way into the shop now and runs to ash and helps hold mia back.

"you need to leave." i find my voice and stand up to the woman who left me heartbroken years ago.

"i will fight for my son." reece looks at mia when she used the words 'my son,' knowing full well that'll hit a nerve in her. reece walks out and the second she's out of the window view, ash and june let go of mia who still seems like she could slaughter someone. specifically, reece.

"calm down." june cups mia's face which doesn't change until a few seconds later. "i'm taking mia for lunch instead," june looks to ash with an sympathetic look, "sorry. we'll be back and i'll see you later today."

i swear, these two love each other, but are too scared to tell each other.

"it's fine." ashton says and the two girls walk out. "i'm officially scared of mia macey monroe." he admits with mia's full name. "no, i'm being serious." ash's face shows he's serious. "if june weren't here, i'm pretty sure mia would've gotten out of my grip and killed reece... which i wouldn't complain if she did." he shrugs.

"shit, she's that strong?" zayn seems genuinely surprised and the two turn their faces to me. "you better not forget an anniversary." he tries to joke, but my mind is still on the fact mia slapped reece and was ready to force her out of here.

mia sat back and was allowing the boys and i to handle reece, but the second reece tried to reach for me, mia was in front of me in a split second. i've only seen m that angered when reece waltzes in and decides she can take julian back.

mia is the sweetest thing, one of the sweetest and most kind and caring people i've ever met, and to see her this way, this angered, frustrated, is something that's new and i will never get used to that side of her. it's not bad about how she reacted to reece's actions and words, she's doing everything i want to, but have never been strong enough to do.

though reece and what she's doing infuriates me, it also brings back all the pain she put me through when she first left. the physical, mental and emotional pain she put me through.

reece left me like i could never find someone who'll care and/or love me like she used to, but mia came into my life. mia is the person who made me feel whole again.

mia walked into my tattoo parlor not even a year ago and ever since that day she's assured me that i'm doing great as a dad whenever i doubted it, she's taken care of not just julian, but me, she was everything i thought i would never find in anyone.