ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

mia

why the fuck does my whole body hurt and why does it smell like bleach?

i open my eyes and... not here again.

broke my leg once. what am i here for now?

"hey, you're awake." tyler realizes i'm awake. "how do you feel?"

"like i just got hit by a car." i admit. wait-

"well, you did." june pops up beside my dad. "and now you need some greasy fast food." she walks out of the room. i don't know if she's calling someone to bring it or going to get it herself. most likely the first option.

"my baby is awake!" edward rushes into the room. "how're you? are you okay? scale from 1-10 how much pain do you feel?"

"shouldn't a doctor be asking me this?" i try to brighten the mood. don't like people worrying about me nor do i like it when the energy in the room is more than down.

"i called gigi to bring by some food due to how she's free today." june waltzes back into the hospital room. "and i thought we'd leave the room and allow you to call lover boy by yourself." she hands me her phone.

"we'll go find the doctor while you call him." edward and tyler both kiss my forehead.

damn, do i look more than fucked up. how harsh was this car crash? i type in calum's number that i've easily learned and he swiftly picks up.

"is everything okay?" calum sounds worried as he answer the phone. "is mia okay?"

"mia is in pain, but she is okay." i speak in third person. "are calum and julian okay, is the question."

"fuck." calum sounds somewhat relieved, but still upset. "how're you asking if we're okay when you're the one in a hospital bed?"

"because i care for the hood family and want to make sure they're well." i tell the truth. no matter the situation, i will always care about my family's and friend's well being. even if it's before my own. "you were in the car. are you alright?"

"i'm fine, but doctor told me i have to be on bed rest. which makes no fucking sense." he sounds angered.

"and why exactly do you sound so livid right now?" i'm curious on his emotions at the moment.

"because i can't get up and leave to see you when that's all i wanna fucking do!" calum raises his voice over the phone. "i'm sorry." he quickly apologizes.

"well, shit. i'm pissed i can't see you either, but that's life right now. can't do anything about it." i really am upset i can't see calum, but like i said, it's life right now. "but what about julian?"

"past three days he's been freaking out about you and not wanting to leave to stay with me." hold the actual fuck up. three motherfucking days?

"who's taking care of you?" i mean there's mali, but what about at night?

"michael." cal answers my question. "can't ask ash or zayn because they have to work the parlor by themselves right now." his voice slowly becomes laced with anger.

"aight, calm down." i order calum and i know he's pouting right now. "all that matters right now is everyone is okay."

"never knew being stuck in a hospital room was a sign of being okay." calum gives me attitude. oh, no he did not.

"and i never knew a twenty one year old man could give his girlfriend so much attitude." i calmly reply as four out of my top ten closest people walk in. "gotta go, gi brought me food." right behind them is a doctor. "and now the doctor."

"bye." he sadly replies.

"bye, i'll call you back." i end the call.

"so, what i'm hearing is that i'm not allowed to do what i normally do and i can't do my job." i make eye contact with the doctor who stands in front of me.

"for the next two months." he sighs and i can see he feels remorse.

"well, well, fuck me well." i close my eyes. i can't drive, can't be on my feet for more than thirty minutes, can't do my job, can't do my passion, my dream.

"mom!" i hear my favorite kid voice. julian comes running to the side of the hospital bed i lay on. "are you feeling better?" he tries to jump on the bed, but june holds him down. "dad's not allowed up." he frowns and i hate seeing him sad.

"c'mere." i make june let go of julian and allow him to get on the bed even though his weight on me hurts, i don't show it. "is there anything else?" i ask the doctor and gives me a short 'no' as julian gets cuddled into my right side. "how're you?" i play with his curly hair.

"dad's upset about you here and he can't see and i overheard him talking to uncle mikey that he's not happy that he can't really take care of me right now." julian talks to me. "so, i feel bad. felt. i'm happy now. you're awake." he looks up to meet my eyes.

"aunt gi brought food." i meet gigi's eyes when i look up and she gives me a smile. "some fast food. don't tell your dad." suddenly, it hits me. "who brought you here?"

"aunt mali brought me because she works an early shift today." julian informs me on who drove him here. "she's outside, talking to dad."

"now she's in here." mali walks in with a grin. her and calum have the same beautiful smile. "might as well bring the whole group in here." she takes in who's present in the room.

"well, mike and cal can't come." i rest my head on top of julian's. "speaking of them, how's mikey doing? taking care of calum doesn't seem fun. especially, right now."

"i think michael's ready to bang his head against a wall until he has amnesia." gigi laughs and we all have to, too. seeing michael take care of calum? fuck. that hurt. i slowly reach for my stomach, not wanting the people around me to realize i'm clutching my stomach due to the pain of just laughing.