ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ

calum

"hey, buddy can you go to your room real quick while i talk to mia?" i kneel down in front of my son as we step into my apartment.

"yeah." julian smiles and walks towards his room. most kids would throw a fit to this, but not him. it's like he's four but acts four times his age.

i look away from julian and see mia sitting on the couch, face in her hands. i sit next to her and through the silence between us, i hear her trying to slow her breathing.

"are you okay?" i place my hand on her back and she shakes her head 'no.' "what's wrong?" i try to pull her closer to me, but she stays where she is.

"i know i said that coming from a kid who's mom left them, it would be better if the mom never came back," mia looks up to face me, "but, that's my point of view. i don't know how julian thinks. i don't know who reece actually is."

"hell, you probably know her more than anyone in our friend group and i haven't given one chance to hear one nice or good thing she's done." her eyes start to tear up. "julian and i had two different versions of moms deciding to abandon their child, so i don't get why i thought i knew what's best."

"mia." i rub my hand up and down her back. "one thing i've learned from you, is that you always try your best to protect the people you care for and you'll always try your best to keep them happy and safe. right now, you're doing that."

"you said i know more about reece than any one of our friends, and that's right. that's why i haven't said anything about your reactions towards her." i start to wipe the tears that have fallen. "reece wasn't the best person, and it may sound horrible, but i'm glad she isn't in julian's life. you're the kind of mom that julian deserves to have."

"you always put him before you, you took care of him when he was sick and you two somewhat hung out the night before, you smile all the time with him because you only want him to live a joyous life. the main thing you try to do for julian, is make sure that he feels loved. and that's more than anything reece could've given him."

"my stomach hurts." julian walks into the living room and frowns when he sees mia. "what's wrong?" he runs to mia and she holds him.

"i should be asking you that." mia sniffles, but still shines a smile for julian. "why does your stomach hurt?" she sits him on her lap, but facing towards me.

"i don't know," he lays his head on mia's shoulder, "but it does and i feel bad."

"do you want that chicken soup like last time?" mia offers and julian grins. "i'll take that as a yes." she giggles and the view and interaction with them brings a grin to my lips. "you and dad go lay in bed while i make it." mia looks at me.

"ma'am, yes ma'am." i salute her as a joke and i pick julian up and walk us towards his room.

"does your stomach really hurt or do you just want mia's dad's chicken soup?" i lay us both under his sheets and he leans against me.

"what if it's both?" my son pouts and i mess with his hair. julian swiftly gets up and runs out of his bedroom. what? i follow him quickly and he's in the bathroom, throwing up.

"what's wrong?" mia pokes her head in. she probably heard us running. "oh my gosh." she rushes to kneel beside me, sitting next to julian. "you okay, buddy?" she moves his hair off his forehead and holds her hand to his forehead. "you're really hot."

"that's dad." julian tries to mess around, but mia's too caught up in him to care about the joke. "you're supposed to laugh."

"bud, she's doing what a mom does." i comment and mia gives a quick smile at my words, calling her a mom to julian, but turns back into worry. "she's taken over my job, too."

"how bad to you feel?" mia's now on her knees to be at julian's height. "scale from one to ten?"

"eight." julian responds and i hate it. i despise when julian's sick. all i want is for him to have good health and never be able to get sick in any way.

"you two can stay here while i grab something from the cabinet." i tell the two and stand up, walking to the kitchen.

suddenly, there's a knock at my door and i open it without looking through the peephole.

"what're you doing here?" i question the woman i once thought the world of. "how'd you even find where i live?"

"i want to talk to you without that bitch around." reece snaps at me. i step out of the apartment and close the door behind me.

"mia is nowhere near a bitch, she's a kind hearted woman who only wants the best for people she cares about. especially, julian." i stand up for my girlfriend.

"i want what's best for my son!" reece raises her voice and i glare at her. i know she's only being loud to get someone to walk out and see what's happening. she's always been an attention seeker.

"julian is not your son." i shake my head in disapproval. "the second you left, he wasn't yours anymore. he was mine. and now he's mine and mia's." i explain to reece. "don't even be scared of me, be scared of mia."

"please, i can handle that bitch." reece rolls her eyes as she insults mia, again.

"you think you've seen the worst of mia, but let me tell you," i step closer to reece, towering her, "that's mia being nice to people who try to hurt the people she cares for. you do not want to see what she's fully capable of, so i suggest leaving."

/////////////

a/n:

reece needs to go the fuck away🙄🤚🏻