ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ sɪx

mia

"hey, let's get you in bed and i'll see what's taking dad so long." i pick julian up as he nods his head. "lay down and if you need me or dad, just yell, okay?" i place the little kid down and he nods again. "okay, i'll be back."

i leave julian's room and search the whole apartment and can't find calum.

"you need to leave." i hear calum's voice boom from outside. what the hell?

"what's going on?" i open the door and pause when i see the one of the two women i never want to see ever again. "what're you doing here?" i close the front door. "hell, how did you even find out where calum lives?"

"that's none of your business." reece tries to step closer to me, but calum stops her.

"my boyfriend and my son live here," i move past calum and get in reece's face, "so it is my business. now tell me, why the fuck are you here? and you better have a damn good reason because i can easily get you removed from this building."

"is this the scariest you can get?" reece laughs at me. "i thought you said she was able to be scarier than last time." she looks at calum.

"sweetie, if i wanted to be scary your ass would've been long gone by now." i glare at her and she smirks. "so, wipe that bitch smile off your face before i do. and let me tell you, i'm being real fucking serious when i say that."

reece's smirk drops into a pissed off expression.

"who gave you the idea you can talk to me like this?" she tries to snap back and i don't care if calum is watching me go at it with reece.

"no one, just like no one here needs you." i stand right in her face. "now, i suggest to get moving because those flight of stairs are looking real fun to fall down for you."

"you wouldn't." she tries to stare me down.

"fucking try me." i seethe and she steps back. "next time i see you here, i won't hesitate to not just get you removed from the building, but a damn restraining order on your ass."

"fuck you!" reece yells at me.

"sorry, that's calum's job." i smirk and hear calum snicker behind me. "now get a move on before i force you to." with those words, reece makes her way down the hall and to the elevator. i don't move until i see her behind the elevator doors closing in front of her, showing she's fully left the floor.

"please tell me that's the scariest you can get." calum's voice makes me turn around to face him. "because if you're able to became any scarier, i might have to leave the room when you do. not a big fan of horror movies."

"i see where julian gets the making a joke when there's a serious situation." i grab calum's hand and walk us back inside. "he's laying in bed." i drag him to julian's room and he's fast asleep.

"he's asleep, so can we talk?" calum lowly speaks and i nod my head. fuck. when couples say they need to talk, it usually ends bad. calum still holds my hand as he walks us to the kitchen.

"what's wrong?" i question, but calum kisses me. "that's not talking." i mumble against his lips and he pecks mine once more before stepping away a little bit. "why'd you wanna talk?"

"you called julian your son out there." calum brings up my words from less than twenty minutes ago. "did you mean it?"

"no, i just said it because i wanted to." i respond in a sarcastic tone and calum gives me an unamused look. "yes, i meant it when i called julian my son." my words make him smile. oh, to keep that smile on your face forever. "really thought i just called him that for the fun of it?" i raise my eyebrows.

"no, just wanted hear you say it again." he shakes his head with a goofy grin. "speaking of what happened out in the hallway," calum wraps his arms around my waist, "is it bad i was hoping you'd actually push her down the stairs?"

"nope, but i was this close," i hold my fore finger and thumb apart like a millimeter, "to actually doing it."

"why do you think she's all of a sudden showed up?" calum questions and his tone shows he's genuinely confused on why.

"julian's four, so he's gone two years without her." i tell calum. "she could believe that since he's at such a young age, he wouldn't mind her coming back."

"true, but if it was that, and you weren't present in our lives," calum starts, "does she really think i would allow her back in julian's life? i'm pretty sure the whole friend group would start the next civil war if reece even got within five feet of him, if you weren't here."

"especially, the girls." i nod my head in agreement. "you should always fear a female more than a man when it comes to protecting family." i speak my opinion. "don't even have to be the mom of the family member who they're protecting, a whole mom side will come out and raise hell."

"i have a feeling you can do that." he purses his lips.

"i can, and i will if really needed to." i rest my chin on calum's chest as i look up at him. "example of when i'll raise it: if reece ever comes back."