ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ

mia

"can i be honest with you?" june sits beside me on my bed, settling her self under the covers on the right of me.

"of course." i shut my laptop and push it off my lap. work can wait when it comes to june starting our conversation with 'can i be honest with you?'.

"ever since you told me about how you've been not feeling the need to drink i decided to stop, too." she informs me on her relationship with alcohol. "i just wanted to be there for you, kind of understand it, and now whenever i get near alcohol it feels weird."

"why'd you want to understand?" i face my whole body to her now. "and i'm sorry about the feeling weird around it. if you told me you were going to do this i would've given you a heads up about it."

"i just wanted to be there and do what you'd do for me. like in the seventh grade, we became friends because people thought peanut butter and jelly on a bagel was weird and they made fun of me. you stood up and lied about having it before. next day you told me you tried it, and that you liked it." she brings up how we became friends. "and after that whenever i tried something and you didn't understand, you'd do it to try to understand. i thought i'd give it try for you. i don't regret it, but i just wanted to tell you."

i lean over and give my best friend a tight hug which she laughs and embraces me. i don't think anything could get better after having a best friend like june. besides a little kid entering life that you now love.

"so what pictures did you take now for work?" june questions the event i went to and took pictures for.

"some fancy event that i didn't and still don't feel like remembering." i open up my laptop and show her the pictures. "these are the photos though."

"holy shit, mia." looking at the pictures and back to me. "do you understand how much talent and effort that takes for other people? you got this crazy talent after holding a camera for like seven years!"

"you can't talk." i bump her shoulder. "you were trying your best to make outfits in seventh grade. you showed me those designs. i remember we both thought it was cool. seventh grade us was something else." we both laugh at the memories of our days in middle school.

"how're tyler and edward?" june asks about my dads. "haven't heard from them in awhile. i miss my two out of my three favorite dads."

"they're still into their cars and art... and each other, so they're doing great." i lay back on my headboard. "y'know they've been wanting to see what both of us have been working on lately. told them when we go back home that we'll bring something back to show them." june's smile brings a smile to my own face.

my dads have told me that they think of june as their other daughter. june thinks of them as her extra two dads, as she has her own who's literally amazing. our parents get along great, too. bonus.

"can i get another tattoo?" june asks me for permission. "i really want to get another one, but i want you there with me. and not just because i want to hold your hand. these are my first tattoos and i want my sister to be there with me when i get them."

"i love you." i give june yet another hug, trying to hold back my tears. june and i may tell each other that we're the sister we never got, but i still hold back tears. "when do you want to get it?"

"kind of already made an appointment for three." she informs me of the time for her tattoo appointment. i look to the clock and it reads 2:24.

"we need to get going now." i hop off my bed and slide on my burks before dragging june out the door and grabbing my keys on the way.

"i'm back!" june makes her presence known as we saw no one inside when we pulled up and saw through the window. "and i'm ready for another tattoo!"

zayn looks to her, but all i pay attention to is the sound of feet running. julian pops into the room and i'm guessing calum allowed julian to come to work today. it is a saturday so no school.

"june!" julian runs to my best friend and she quickly crouches down to give him a hug. "hi!" he jumps up and down in her arms.

"it's nice to see you, too." she laughs at his reaction to her presence. "where's uncle ash?" julian quickly points to the office where ashton walks out. june gets up and julian notices my presence.

julian comes running to me and i wrap him in my arms and spin him around. julian wraps his legs around my waist as usual and i lean my face back to meet his brown eyes that are almost as dark as his dad's.

"hi, buddy." i hold him with one arm as i ruffle his dark curly hair that he gets from calum and his mom, as calum once told me. "how's my favorite four year old?"

"i'm good." he gives me a very wide smile. "are you getting another tattoo?" i walk towards june, still carrying julian.

"no, it's june this time." i sit down in a chair, opposite of ashton. "her second tattoo." i inform julian on june.

"what're you getting?" julian questions june's idea for her next tattoo. how can a four year old be so curious about this stuff?

"i'm getting the letter 'm' tattooed on my right arm." june answers him as she makes eye contact with me. "the 'm' standing for my best friend."

julian shifts around in my lap so he's sitting on me like i'm a chair. i continue to keep my arms around julian to make sure he doesn't fall off of me.

"is it mia?" he asks june who her best friend is.

"mia macey monroe." june says my full name. my mom and dad wanted my initials to all be the same letter. i'll never understand why.

"i think i may get a tattoo similar to that." i smile at june. "i mean, i haven't used my free tattoo yet." we laugh at how i still haven't taken calum up on the free tattoo because i took care of julian and he wanted to do something in return.

"you can use it today." calum joins all of us around june for her tattoo. "can do it right now."

"nope." june shakes her head really fast. "she's staying here until ashton finishes mine." she reaches her hand out for mine. i take it as i still make sure julian stays on my lap.

ashton finishes on tattooing a cursive 'm' on june's right shoulder. it may be one letter, but it's beautiful. and i'm not saying that because the tattoo is for me.

"so, the tattoo?" zayn brings up the offer as ashton wipes june's shoulder. they make a cute couple.

"sure." i reply and julian jumps off my lap and drags me to his dad's station. julian climbs up on the chair to sit with me. "hi." we all laugh at julian's actions.

"so," calum sits down, "a cursive j?"

"mm, two cursive j's." i answer calum and i think he knows why i'm getting two because the gears that ran through his head for a second brought a smile.

"got it." he says and julian sits in my lap the whole time calum's adding one to the many of my tattoo addition.

"why the double j?" zayn asks about my tattoo. "i mean, j for june, but what's the other j stand for?"

"that's something i'll never tell." i reply as julian takes my right hand, due to calum permanently drawing two j's on my left shoulder, and compares our hand size before interlacing our fingers.