ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

mia

"aren't i supposed to be on house arrest?" i sit back in a chair that's sat by calum's in his tattoo parlor. "you and j agreed on it." i love this place, but i'm hungry and there's no food.

"and reece knows where cal lives," zayn inserts himself into the conference, "and we don't need you going to jail for murdering someone."

"i agree with zayn," ashton joins in when calum hasn't even had a chance to speak, "we love you too much to let you end up in jail."

"the fact you two assume i'd slaughter someone." i shake my head and hide the smile i so badly want to show, but not allowing them to know i find it funny when all i want is a bed.

"the fact all three of us know you've watched enough criminal documentaries and shows to get away with murder." calum finally speaks up and turns to face me from his chair.

"did you just say 'the fact' at the beginning of a sentence when you never say it?" i swear i could laugh my ass off right now, but i'm going to keep calm and collected.

"your words and sayings have made their way into everyone's vernacular." ash surprises me with a word i've never ever heard her him say. "like how i've never said 'vernacular' in my life time, but because of you now i do."

"i think i'll stay," i look between the three, "i feel special now."

"now you do?" zayn turns to look at me then to cal. "now she does?" i know where zayn's mind is at and calum's facial expression looks between mad and scared. probably mad because i said now i feel special, and scared because zayn seems like he can kill him right now.

i can't hold it back anymore. i burst into a fit of laughter right as the bell above the door rings, signaling someone has walked into the parlor. i calm down and turn to find one of the two people i have the urge to slaughter.

"so now she works here?" reece scoffs and rolls her eyes. oh, i could kill you. right now, right here. "or is she just clingy or has no life? a little bit of both?"

"get out." zayn walks over to reece, towering over her petite body. "you have no right to be here."

"i have as much of a right to be here as piggy does." reece sends me a not so subtle death glare. "i need to talk to calum about our son."

don't go off. don't go off. don't kill someone. you can't. at least not until you have a plan to get away with it.

"get out." calum angrily stands from the seat beside he was occupying just seconds ago. "the second you left, the second you decided to abandon, not just me, but your own blood, you gave up the right to be present in either of our lives."

"exactly," reece acts like his words don't faze her, "he's my blood, my son, so i have every right to be here and want to see him."

"blood doesn't mean family." ashton joins in, the three men blocking reece's chances to get any farther into the parlor. "family are people who take care of you at your worst. they're the ones who stay even when things get bad." calum's voice breaks and i can feel my heart do the same. "you need to leave, and never come back."

"calum-" reece's whole entire body language and voice change and she tries to reach for him, and that is my limit. it's not that cal and i are dating, but that reece believes she can pull what she did and touch him again.

"he said leave." i stand in front of calum before she touches him in any way possible. "so, if you mean that you really care for calum, then that means you'll leave because that is what he wants."

"get your skank ass out of this conversation and out of my face." she seethes and the next thing i knew i was doing is raising my hand and slapping the bitch right across her face.