ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛʏ sɪx

mia

"can we watch umizoomi?" julian asks me as we walk into calum's apartment. i would say i'm carrying two heavy ass bags, but calum was consistent on carrying them for me.

"got homework?" i raise my eyebrows and the kid goes dead silent. "we can do that and then the rest is up to your dad." i speak as we both walk to the table and julian pulls out one page of paper. i don't know why i should be surprised he only has one page, he's four and in kindergarten.

"what're you two doing?" calum joins us at the table and julian quickly informs him. "i can help while mia goes and puts her clothes in the drawers i cleaned out and space i made in my closet."

julian's eyes practically light up at the mention of me bringing my clothes in and now sounding like i'm moving in. which i am, but it's not permanent. at least i don't think so.

"i'll be right back." i kiss the top of julian's head and move to calum's bedroom where i see a few opened drawers and his walk-in closet light on. fuck. i don't wanna move to fast, but i really would like staying here forever, and not just because of the marshmallow feeling bed. though it would be an amazing plus.

"is mom moving in?" i hear julian practically squeal as i hide myself in the hallway. why am i eavesdropping on my boyfriend and his son's conversation? i don't know. should i stop? yes. am i going to? nope.

"for a short time, yeah." calum answers and i make my presence known due to the fact i heard julian jump off his chair. "hey." calum turns around in his chair and scratches the back of his neck. i don't believe that him being nervous and shy will never not be cute.

"hi." i smile at him before picking julian up and into my arms. "hi to you too." holding him may be painful, and make me feel like i need a whole bottle of ibuprofen, but it's julian. i'm going to suck it up.

"you're living here now?" the four year old wraps his arms around my neck and legs around my waist.

"for right now." i walk us back to the table and sit him down back in his chair. his paper is half empty. "but, you need to finish."

"dad was helping me." julian explains as he sits on his knees in the chair and stares at his dad who joins us at the table. "i can do it, i just want help." he pouts and i take a look at the paper.

"i don't believe that makes sense, but let's do it together." i view the piece of paper again. math. math was my best subject, but i hated it more than any other subject. "so, you know it?" i turn to julian and he nods his head. "then what's ten plus thirty?" i read a question off the paper. i was learning five plus five, not ten plus thirty.

"forty." julian says with his whole chest. "i'm not dumb, but i just wanted you and dad to help me." he turns to his paper, writing the answer down, ignoring any contact with me.

"c'mere." i stand and pick julian up to place him on my lap and turn the paper towards us with his pencil in hand. "then let's do it." i rest my chin on the little kids shoulder as we work to finish his homework.

"i told you i knew it." the four year old feels proud in his intelligence. i would be too if i was this smart at four. "can we watch umizoomi now?" he turns to pleading for me to allow him to watch his show.

"that's up to your dad." we both turn to face calum who's been silent the whole time. "is julian, your favorite person of all time, allowed to watch tv?" i rest my chin on julian again while calum seems to think about his answer. "use puppy dog eyes." i cup my hands to whisper to julian and he does so.

"this is two on one." calum explains and i shrug as i hold his son close to me. "it's not fair." julian definitely gets his poutiness from calum.

"please." clasps his hands together like he's praying. if i ask mali, she'd probably say this was calum when he was little. i can totally see it. "pretty please."

"fine." julian leaps out of my arms and runs to the living room couch and grabs the remote to turn the tv on to watch his umizoomi. "you're supposed to be on my side." calum grabs my attention.

"i don't know what you're talking about." i give an innocent smile and shrug my shoulders. "i didn't do anything." someday, i'll have to say no to julian and side with calum. i should already do it, but julian's smile when he watches his shows is the best view i've ever seen and i've seen a lot as a photographer.

"mhm, sure." calum rolls his eyes, but i see him still staring at me in the corner of my eye. i don't know where i would be if julian didn't say i was like a mom to him and calum and i kissing the same night. god, i'm so happy right now. "what're you thinking about?" cal knocks me from my thoughts.

"mm," i give him a sly grin, "nothing."

———————

a/n

i'm writing this is in school again😭

also sorry this is 100 words shorter than my usual chapters

btw you should go stream Red (Taylor's Version) it's just 😩👩‍🍳🤌🏻💋