ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ

mia

"hi!" i open the door for danielle, troy, gabriela, and gabriel to walk in. we've finally fit into each other's schedules that involves all of us.

"hey." gabriel hugs me as danielle and gabriela kissed me on the cheek and troy did our secret handshake we made when we were plastered.

"i made mimosas!" june yells from the kitchen and everyone runs to the kitchen besides gabriel who walks with me. "a little something."

june hands gabriel and me a glass which gabriel gladly takes and i shake my head. "i have work tomorrow and i'm afraid i'll want more of your mimosas if i have one sip."

it's almost three and june's decided to make an alcoholic drink that most drink in the morning or at an early brunch. somehow june's tastes different than any other one i've drank and hers is so addictive.

"whatever you say." she says as everyone sips on their own and we all get into conversation. talk about work, family, friends, drama, name it. we asked about troy and gabriela and now it's turned into a talk about relationships and who's single and who's in a sweet relationship.

of course troy and gabriela, danielle is talking to some guy named liam, june talks about how her and ashton are doing amazing, while gabriel and i say we're still single pringles.

"but mia seems to be in something she doesn't quite realize she's in." june looks at with a small smirk on her lips while i give her a confused look. "tattoos."

with that one word i know who she's talking about and i facepalm. this woman and thinking there's something between me and calum.

"there's nothing there." i groan. "we're just friends!" i throw my hands up in defense because it's the truth. calum and i are friends, nothing more.

"mhm." she gives me her 'you're lying to yourself' look that usually turns out to be correct, but this time it isn't. calum and i are just friends.

"why're you single?" i look to gabriel. "you're nice, kind of funny, good looking, everything a girl would want in a guy."

"just not interested in a relationship right now." he explains and i nod. "so don't go trying to hook me up." he looks at danielle who rolls her lips into her mouth, trying to hide a smile.

time passes by quickly as june and i clean up and our friends leave. 'goodbyes' and 'drive safe' we're said and soon enough everyone's out of our apartment.

"you could've told me you just didn't feel like drinking." june says as she places the last glass into the dishwasher. "i know when you're lying and i also know your schedule. you don't have anything tomorrow."

"i didn't want to seem like a downer in the group if i just plain out said no." i admit to my best friend as i sit down in one of the tall chairs that sit under the kitchen counter.

"you wouldn't have been a downer if you declined the drink just because you didn't want it." j sits next to me. "and what's with the sudden not wanting to drink? ever since the club a few months ago you haven't been near an alcoholic drink."

"i don't know." i let my head fall on my arms that lay on the counter. "i just want to be sober. i've been drinking a lot since junior year in high school and i think my mind made the decision to not drink anymore, or at least for awhile. i haven't even felt tempted to drink either."

"you could've told me this." she says as i pick my face up to look at her. i do hate keeping things from june, but this i felt like keeping to myself and i don't know why. "you know you can tell me anything and it stay between us."

"i know. i'm sorry." i apologize and she shakes her head 'no'.

"don't apologize. you have no need to. but what you do need is sleep and so do i, so let's get to bed." we both stand up and turn the lights off as we walk to our bedrooms.

i slide out of my jeans and tshirt and into grey sweats and white bralette. walking into my bathroom i wash my makeup off, wash my face individually, brush my teeth, and brush my silver hair to then but into a low ponytail that rests on my back.

i look myself in the mirror and pick out every detail of my face. the way my eyebrows are shaped, my forehead, the size and shape of my lips, my jawline, cheekbones, eyes and their color, the distance between my chin and lips, my lips to my nose, and my eyebrows to my hairline. there's only one thing i've wanted to change about me and it's my eyes.

i have my mom's eyes and hair color. i say i don't hate my mom and instead say i'm happy she left because it means i got the best stepdad there is. i don't hate my mom, but i more than strongly dislike her. i don't like seeing her features in myself. i hate how she left because her ex husband divorced because he turned out to be gay. when i was little i always thought it was me too on why she left.

the second my dads told me i could do what i want with my body, dying my hair, piercing, but when it came to tattoos they were hesitant because i was 16. in the end they always looked at what i wanted to get permanently drawn on me and asked why i wanted that specific tattoo.

both of my ears are pierced all the way up. my left ear i have my forward helix pierced with a silver dot earring, my transverse, standard and upper lobe pierced with the same earring as my forward helix. i also have my industrial pierced along with anti tragus and snug.

on my right ear i have my helix, rook, tragus, outer and inner conch pierced. i pierced my orbital, snug, and flat when i turned eighteen, while i got my standard and upper lobe pierced when i was twelve.

i have my nose pierced too. i have my nostril pierced with a ring hoop. i believe nothing else would be able to look good on me.