ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ

calum

"will you two get married and her become my mom?" julian asks me as we sit down and eat the chinese food he was begging for.

"you're thinking way too ahead." i ruffle his hair, making it an even bigger mess as i came home and he was asleep on the couch.

"but, when people date don't they do it because they like each other and see a future with them?" julian scarfs down his white rice that he eats with his teriyaki chicken. he's four and has my appetite when i was 15.

"where are you getting all this from?" i question where my son has gotten all this relationship knowledge from because he sure as hell didn't get it from me.

"ashton and june when you went on the date." he informs me on how he got all his information on relationships. "they also talked about how they see a future together. i like them."

"you're four, you shouldn't know all this." i shake my head at my son. seriously, he's four and should be worrying about what time his favorite show will come on next.

"can she come over?"

"who?" i'm genuinely confused. he can't say 'she' when i have multiple female friends.

"mom." julian says and i choke on my water. what the hell? he's calling her mom now. will he call her that when he sees her next? "please. i'll go to sleep early tonight! i'll go to sleep at eight."

"it's five thirty, so she'll be here around six, giving you only two hours. and i know you want more time with her." i say and julian pouts. "if you want her, you call her." i hand my phone to julian who gladly takes it and calls mia and she actually comes over.

julian opens the door the second he hears one knock. last time he was this obsessed was when he first found out about backyardigans.

"hey." mia picks julian up to give him a hug. "how're you?" she pulls her face away to look at julian who wears as big of a smile as mia.

"dad got chinese food, so i'm happy." julian explains and mia looks at me. "but i made a deal with him." he tells mia and she seems interested. "i said if you come over i'll go to sleep at eight instead of nine."

"that gives us two hours to do anything you want." she tells him and he seems to be more joyful from her words. mia really does know how to make julian happy, no matter the situation.

"i will never understand how he can go from hyper to fast asleep in only two hours." mia walks into the kitchen where i stand. julian fell asleep on her while he got all excited about a new kid show.

"that's julian desmond hood for you." i get up from leaning on the counter and walk to her. "y'know i've been wanting a kiss since you got here, but you only paid attention to my son."

mia rolls her eyes as she cups my face and brings me down for a kiss. i can't remember the last time i've smiled into a kiss, but i am right now.

"happy?" she breaks the kiss and i shake my head. giving me another kiss she asks the same question and continue to shake my head. "i'm not giving you anymore." mia tells me and i rest my head on top of hers as i pull her into a hug which she gladly wraps her arms around my torso. "y'know julian saved me from watching the twilight series with june."

"you dislike twilight?" i laugh at her. i shouldn't be surprised, but it's somehow funny. "i swear i saw you as a twilight girl. bet you're team edward." i mess around with her and she tries to pull away, but i pull her back to my chest. i'll admit it: i'm clingy.

"edward can suck a dick. their relationship was way too toxic. don't forget about how he watched her sleep when she didn't even know he was in her room." i laugh at how mia seems offended that i thought she was team edward. "what's so funny?"

"nothing." i shake my head causing to mess the top of her head up. "just never met someone who gets so offensive over being told their team edward instead of jacob."

"sorry that i don't want people knowing i support a toxic relationship even if it's just a movie." she tells me and all i can do is smile. i don't know, but just this can make me smile. just her in general can make me smile. "i have to go home."

"no." i hold her closer as i whine like a little kid. "you can stay here tonight. you've done it before." ever since we fell asleep together that one night, all i've been wanting to do is fall asleep and wake up next to her every day.

"calum."

"please." i snuggle my head into the crook of her neck. "you're a great cuddle buddy." i haven't been this soft with someone in almost five years.

"nice to know you're only using me for cuddles." mia mumbles into my chest due to me making sure there's no space between us. "you owe me another tattoo then."

with those words i pick her up and she wraps her legs around my waist and arms around my neck. walking us into my room, i quickly lift the covers up and lay us down. i've never wanted to be so physically close to someone.

"happy now?" she looks up at me as her chin rests on my chest. god, i'm more than happy right now. so happy that it's unhealthy. what have you done to me mia macey monroe?

"more than happy." i kiss her forehead and slowly fall asleep with her in my arms.