ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

mia

"june just called me." calum walks back on to the porch and kneels in front of me. now, i'd make a sexual joke if i wasn't freaking out. "she told me it's about buried relationship and how she brought up to you about staying at yours and june's or here for awhile."

"yeah, i'm not staying here everyday." i set out to get rid of the thought of staying here from calum's mind before he even speaks. "this is only for a few weeks, i'm not going to be a burden for that long."

"now when did you get the idea that you're a burden?" cal looks at me with his eyebrows raised and like i'm a total fucking idiot. "mia, you're staying here. and that's not an offer." he becomes serious.

"so, you're ordering me around now?" i mess with him and i'm glad i can still do it even with a serious conversation happening. "you're easy to mess with." i smirk as he seems nowhere near amused with me.

"you're staying here," he stares at me with a straight face, "end of discussion."

"you're just using me for my car." i attempt to make a joke out of all of this and calum actually lets out a low chuckle. "i made you laugh." i say, proud of myself.

"and you were saying julian and i try to make serious situation humorous." he sits himself between my legs now. "i don't get how you're not cold." cal looks at me flabbergasted. "it's fall, specifically it's fall in new york."

"i'm like my dad, cold weather doesn't really bother me." i play with his curly hair. god, is it so soft. "june says i'm a human heater, so there's that too."

"why do you think i'm sat like this?" my boyfriend holds my legs close to him as his head is tilt up to keep talking to me. "doesn't it sound like a good idea to go lay in my room, where it's warm?"

"nah, i think i'll make you suffer a little longer." i fool around with him and he roll his eyes so hard that i'm pretty sure they could've gotten stuck in the back of his head. "fine, let's go back inside." with those few words, calum jumps up and throws me over his shoulder. "you could've done this without throwing me over your shoulder like a sack of potatoes."

"too late." calum lays me on his bed and crawls on top of me, pulling the comforter over our bodies. "now being in a heated apartment while it's cold outside doesn't seem so bad, does it?" he talks as he lays his head on my stomach and holds my body close to him.

"i never said it was." i play with his hair again. i would do anything for this kind of hair. so. soft. and. curly. "if julian still feels bad tomorrow, i think you should take him to the doctors." i speak my opinion and calum lifts his head to meet my eyes.

"and what will you do during the period we're gone?" calum asks like i'll run away.

"well, as i'm being forced to stay here, i have to get my stuff to actually spend a few weeks here." i point out the total obvious. "plus, i'm the one with the car and i can easily drop you two off and then head to mine and june's to get my stuff and when you two are done i can pick ya'll up."

"how long did you think that through?" he makes it seem like i actually thought this through.

"five seconds ago." i admit and he laughs. "now, you need to go to sleep."

"i'll do that when you do." he props his chin on my stomach to keep eye contact without straining his head to look at me.

"sometimes it's hard to like you." i close my eyes and cal thinks he's subtle by the way he's slowly moving to lay between my legs. "not subtle whatsoever, bud." i pat his head without opening my eyes.

i never knew a grown man could be like this, but i'm not complaining. calum's the first guy to show a lot of interest and seem to actually care for me. i really hope this relationship goes good. i've gotten so used to him and julian that if i'm not able to be with either of them, i don't know what i'd do.

to think a few months ago i never wanted to be in a relationship. hell. i didn't even give it a second thought because it wasn't a priority of mine. but, now calum's here and i want him forever. i want to protect, not just julian, but also calum from any hurt.

"i really like you." i blurt out and i feel calum prop his chin back up on my stomach. he already knows, why did i just say that?

"that's random." he pauses for a few seconds. "i really like you, too." calum lays his head back down.

—————————

a/n

needed a cute calum and mia moment

writing this makes me feel more single than i already am:(