ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

calum

"mate, calm down." michael laughs at me.

"i'm off bed rest, so i can go see mia." i hurriedly get ready to leave to go to the hospital. it's been a week of best rest, what the doctor told me.

"yeah, but you forgot i'm driving." mikey's words make me stop. forgot the douche that hit my car made my car actually split in half.

"still pissed i'm not allowed to see the ass who did that to my mia." i pause. "i meant to say 'my car,' not 'my mia.'"

"please, we both know even if you meant 'my car' you're still thinking 'my mia.'" i hate having michael know me so well. "but, visiting hours are at 8, it's 6:32." he points out the obvious.

"crystal took julian to school," i turn to mike, "which, if i don't see her today, tell her i said thank you for helping."

"and i don't get a thank you?" he leans against my doorway. "taking care of your ass isn't easy. especially, when you're nonstop saying you're upset you can't take care of julian yourself and not able to see mia."

"sorry." i roll my lips into my mouth. "but, yeah, thanks for taking care of me."

"you done getting ready now? my feet hurt." michael complains and i have to roll my eyes.

"yeah, let's go." i say and and i follow michael out my apartment.

"lived in new york for more than five years and i'm still the only one who knows the traffic." i tell michael as we get out of his car. it's 8:18 right now.

"whatever, let's go see mia." michael tells me as he starts walking towards the front doors.

"she's not even awake." mikey says, but i ignore him as i walk to mia. "okay, i'm gonna leave. call me when visiting hours are over." he knows i'm not leaving until visitor hours are over. even if mia gets annoyed with me, i'm not leaving.

"bye, drive safe." i make eye contact with michael. "i mean it."

"i know, and i will." he assures me as he walks out of mia's hospital room.

"you guys talk way too loud." mia speaks up with a smirk on her lips. "what time even is it?" she keeps her eyes closed.

"a little after 8," i pause for a second, "in the morning."

"you're only up this early on school days because of julian." she chuckles and i'm kinda sad she still hasn't opened her eyes. "heard you were a big pain in the ass for michael."

"even when you're the one in the hospital, you make conversation about anyone or anything else besides yourself."

"nothing anyone can really do about it, so why talk about it?" she's got to be kidding.

"talk about it because it's something serious and you got more than a concussion." i know i sound mad, but i don't care. i am and it makes me upset how she acts like this is nothing.

"don't make me go off on you, like i did with reece." mia finally opens her eyes. "i may be in a hospital bed, but don't think for a second i won't go into a mom mode and tell you to not talk to me in that tone." she glares at me and holy shit. "i believe it's bad how easily i scare you." she seems to regret her words. "i'm sorry."

"as long as you don't raise hell, i'm fine." i shrug and she smiles. "i was afraid you were gonna do that a few days ago." mia laughs at my comment. "i think ash and zayn were too."

"nice to know." mia's dimples pop.

"i really wanna do this." i lean down and kiss mia. i've been wanting to do that for the past week.

"mm, one more." she pulls me in for another kiss. never knew how attached i could get to someone in such a short period of time.

"what's it like being out for three days and then being awake for four without being allowed to leave?"

"shitty." mia lays the right side of her face on the pillow she rests her head on. "the food here sucks." she makes a disgusted face. "julian heard you talking to michael about how you were upset you couldn't see me and, even worse, you couldn't take care of julian. he felt bad." mia tells me as she keeps eye contact. "it was supposed to stay between him and i, but i thought you needed to know that. you're not getting anymore information off of me."

»»»»»»»»««««««««

i know it's another short chapter but my mind is a little blank because i forgot most of what i had planned for the next few chapters