ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

mia

i try to slide out of calum's bed, but calum's grip tightens around my waist and julian holds my torso closer. the hood men are clingy. nothing new.

instead of fighting, i look back and forth between the two boys in front of me. this view has got to be the most beautiful thing i've even seen, and being a photographer i've seen a lot, so that means a lot.

i want to wake up like this every day, but it is too early to do that. well, in my opinion. but, i want to go against that thought and see this every time i wake up. ugh.

i close my eyes as i see calum's eyes flutter. gonna try my best to pretend i'm asleep. he did horrible at fake sleeping at mine and june's apartment. it's adorable and hilarious.

calum cups my cheek and caresses it with his thumb. hands. so. soft.

"beautiful." he says and presses a kiss to my forehead. "and all mine." i can hear the smirk in his voice that it's so hard to hold back opening my eyes and rolling them. "i know you're awake, too." he runs his fingers through my hair and i open my eyes, giving him an unamused expression. "we both suck at fake sleeping." his hand slides to my waist, laying a little below julian's arm. "good morning to you, too." calum lightly squeezes my hips.

calum and i lay in silence, julian between our bodies. even in the dark, he's drop dead gorgeous. mine and calum's attention darts to the little kid laid in the middle of us as he wakes up.

"hi." julian mumbles as he rubs his eyes. he's so precious.

"mornin bud." calum ruffles julian's hair while giving a tired smile. "i'm sorry about your nightmare," calum points out, "you know you're always allowed in here when that happens. you didn't have to ask last night."

"but mom's sleeping over." julian lifts his head to meet his dad's eyes. i can't even say anything because i wouldn't know what to say, and i guess calum feels the same as not one word has left his lips and his face shows it too.

"do you want breakfast?" i change the subject after what felt like a silence that would last forever.

"yeah!" julian exclaims and wiggles his way out from between mine and calum's body, running out of the room. calum gently grabs my face and pulls me in for a sweet kiss.

"i have to go make your kid breakfast." fuck. how i would love to say 'our' kid. shit. my mind is going too far forward into this relationship and it's getting bad.

"ok." calum mumbles against my lips before pressing another soft kiss to them.

"now what do you want to eat?" i place julian on the kitchen counter. he's almost half my height and, i believe, i'm not that much older. "stop growing too."

"nope." julian gives me his innocent smile. "can we make pancakes?" his eyes light up with more than just excitement. "i know where everything is!"

"yeah, but both of you can't reach one thing." calum places the flour that i've seen at the top shelf in the pantry. he did not just call me small.

"did you just insinuate that i'm small?" i cross my arms when i turn around to the face the damn giant in front of me. i'm not small. i'm a good height for someone my age. and even if i was short, i wouldn't be small, i'd be fun sized.

"no." calum shakes his head with a smile.

"yes." julian giggles.

"i agree with the kid." i wrap my arm around julian's shoulders. "you just called me small." i squint my eyes at cal and julian continues to laugh at the situation at hand. "and i'm not small."

"from a 6' foot persons view, you are." calum explains and i give him the look of 'oh really?'.

"so, you were insinuating that i'm small." i try to keep a straight face. "i'm not, and even if i was i'd be fun sized." i can see calum's holding back laughing, so i pick julian up and walk towards the door. "we're going somewhere else to eat." i don't mean a word that i speak.

"you're not small." i turn around at calum's words with a smirk on my face. i win.

»»»»»»»»««««««««

a/n:

this is shorter than usual buuttttt i have school and work and now i have therapy (tmi, sorry) so i kinda got a full plate.

trying to say since it's not summer anymore, i've got little time to write. i don't remember the last time updating for any fanfiction i'm writing.

anyways, i hope you all are doing good, but i know some started summer a month ago. hope school or summer is going good.