Chapter 15

"What's her name, hyungie?" Jungkook asked, skipping and jumping in excitement as Taehyung and he were heading to the garden.

"It's Sparkle. And her size...how to say, wasn't very small. I'm afraid you'll get disappointed when you meet her, petal." Taehyung said and Jungkook just replied him a it's okay happily.

They walked silently towards the garden, stopping their steps when they arrived. Jungkook's eyes get wider and wider by every second as he saw a maid struggling on leading a huge size dog towards them.

"Sparkle!" Taehyung whistled and the wolf dog hybrid dashed to him like a mini rocket. Taehyung stumbled on the floor as Sparkle literally jumped on him. He caressed her fur with his wide hands, "Miss me?" He asked and the dog gave him a bark in reply.

Sparkle's ears perked up in shock when she felt another hand caressing her fur. She turned over, growling loudly as she faced Jungkook. Jungkook stood there confusingly, feeling slightly frightened when the dog started to crawl closer to him. He made a 'oof' sound when he landed on the floor, giggling loudly as Sparkle licked his neck then to his face.

"She likes me, hyungie!" Jungkook said to Taehyung, a fits to giggle again escaped from his mouth when Sparkle barks.

Taehyung's stares at them, happiness filled in his eyes when he saw Sparkle get along with Jungkook very quick, not to mention, Jungkook is looking extremely cute right now.

He shook his head, blaming himself for not letting Jungkook meet Sparkle sooner. He pats Jungkook's fluffy hair with his palm, "Do you like her?"

Jungkook nodded his head rapidly while his hand still busy smoothing Sparkle's fur. Taehyung opened his mouth, about to say something but a sudden vibration in his pocket interrupted him. He fished out his phone, accepted the call right away.

Jungkook hugged Sparkle with his short arms, enjoying how her fur tickled his face. "Petal," He raised his head up when Taehyung called his name, "Hyungie has something to do right now, can you play with Sparkle without hyungie for a while first?"

"Okie!" Jungkook nodded his head, gaze again returned to Sparkle.

To be honest, Taehyung did feel a bit unhappy because Sparkle was receiving too much kisses from Jungkook. He shook off his unhappy feelings, finding himself rather stupid for getting jealous of a dog. He decided to leave them alone, along with another maid.

As soon as Taehyung left, the maid that brought Sparkle to the garden started to reveal her true facade. She eyed Jungkook in disgust as she really dislikes male acting so feminine. But moreover, she felt really angry because Jungkook is getting along with Sparkle too easily. Last time she spent three months to tame the wolf dog hybrid with without getting bite by the dog, but right now Jungkook just spent no more than one second with the dog and it already shown a liking towards him.

Jealousy ate her up as she pushed Jungkook who was standing right now to the ground harshly. Jungkook let out a yelp, eyes getting teary when the small stones and grass probably leaves a few scratches on his sensitive skin. "W-Why did you push me?"

The maid let out a mocking chuckle, "Still acting innocent? Stop all your acting, bitch! Let me tell you attention whore, Mr Kim never loves you truly, he only loves your body and your face! And Sparkle will never ever get along with you!" She yelled out. All her words hits Jungkook like a brick, causing a few tears slipped out from his eyes. Jungkook doesn't know bitch nor whore means, but he could be sure that those words weren't good at all.

Taetae hyungie only loves my body and face? Jungkook's eyebrows creased to a frown, big fat tears rolled down from his cheeks. He tugged his head down, crying silently. His head was again raised up when a scream from the maid could be heard.

Jungkook's eyes went widen like a saucers. Sparkle was biting the maid's right leg, it's sharp teeth sinks in her flesh as blood splattered all around the group. Anger and rage could be seen in Sparkle's silver eyes. It probably gets angry because the maid pushed Jungkook.

Jungkook trembled when he saw so much blood. His whole body went cold, black dots began to appear in his vision. Blurry images filled up his eyes sight, soon replaced by a pitch of black as he went limp, landing on the hard ground with a soft thud.

Guards started to gather around them when the maid's scream went louder. They were so panicked when they saw a Jungkook laying unconscious on the floor. Woosung who stand in the middle, wanting to get closer to Jungkook but Sparkle barks loudly at them. It let go of the poor maid, shielding Jungkook with its body. Sparkle let out a few growls, glaring the guards, a warning to stop the guards coming closer.

The guards didn't really know what to do right now. None of them got the guts to get closer to Jungkook as Sparkle was still barking furiously. They called Taehyung and fortunately the mafia boss picked up the call.

They waited silently, getting more and more nervous when they saw Taehyung running towards them. "Jungkook?!" Taehyung's heart almost stopped when he saw Jungkook laying on the ground. He waste no time to pick his lover up, whispering his name softly but he got no reply from Jungkook. Sparkle finally stops baring its teeth as it saw Taehyung.

Taehyung heart clenched as he felt the usual warm ness of the boy was long gone. Jungkook's body was kinda cold, eyes fluttered shut, still looking very beautiful with his pale cheeks.

Taehyung walked away, not forgetting to glare at the guards before heading to the medical room.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"The scratches on Jungkook's ankle and hand were all treated. The reason he fainted maybe because of seeing blood. He'll awake after a long sleep. Don't worry too much." Seokjin said to his brother. The said male just nodded his head, eyes never leaving Jungkook.

"I saw the CCTV footage just now," Taehyung's voice was cold, "It was the maid who pushed him. Then Sparkle started to attack her for hurting Jungkook. Imagine if Sparkle wasn't there, will the maid hurt Jungkook further?" He rubbed his face with his palm harshly, "I don't understand, hyung. Why so many people wants to hurt my petal?" He whispered out, looking Seokjin with his darkened eyes.

Seokjin exhaled a deep breath, "People loves to hurt the weaker one, Jungkook just happened to be one of them."

"I tried my best to protect him-" "The best way to protect him was stop keeping him here. Can you do that?"

Taehyung's whole body freeze, "I can't and I would never do it."

"That's right. You need him. It's either you stay side by side with him 24/7 or not keeping him here. Sometimes you're just too occupied with your work, Tae. The biggest protection to Jungkook its you. So try your best not to leave his side, alright?" Seokjin voiced out.

Taehyung looked at his brother, then to the pale bunny on the bed, nodding his head without any hesitation. "Alright."