four.

04

04. TALES OF THE
GOLDEN FOUR

SLEEP AND THEA HAD A complicated relationship. She hated it if she was being honest, why spend eight hours doing nothing when there's so much to be done? So Thea didn't like to sleep, but she liked it even less when it was anywhere else but home. Her father didn't let her go to a lot of sleepovers growing up, but when he did let her for the first time, Thea didn't sleep for a moment. She wasn't afraid or anything, truly, she just didn't feel comfortable in somewhere that wasn't her bed in her room in the house with her family.

Pushing her glasses up her nose, Thea looked out the bay window she sat in, staring at the bright moon. Every once in a while, an owl would fly by or Thea would notice a constellation in the sky, and that was more than enough to keep her busy. Her bed was right near the window, on the left side, and it was one out of four in the dorm. On the right side was Eva, who was fast asleep. Then on the other side of the room, across from the window were Poppy and Noelia. Ironically, the four girls were dorm-mates, and Thea was happy. They were all nice and they got along well.

She looked at the clock that was near the dorm of the room, 3:00 in the morning. The girl rolled her eyes, knowing if she didn't get some sleep she would be exhausted during her first day of classes tomorrow. Standing up from the bay window, Thea walked over to her trunk and opened it, looking for a hoodie to warm her up. Her eyes widened when she saw the dark orange blanket folded neatly at the bottom of her trunk, with a small paper taped to it.

To make sure you don't forget home
- Papa

A smile rose to Thea's face and she picked up the blanket, sitting on her bed. Taking off her glasses and bringing the blanket to her nose, Thea closed her eyes, breathing deeply as her smile grew bigger. It smelt of pure pumpkin spice, the only scent that her brothers, her dad, and herself could all agree on. No matter the season, there were pumpkins candles throughout the house all year. If she tried hard enough, she could smell the tiniest whiff of jasmine. Her mom. Her dad always mentioned how she used a jasmine perfume every day. The blanket was from their apartment in London, and her mom used it during the family's movies nights. Thea would always end up in her mother's lap, because it was impossible to get Tobi to share a blanket.

Fixing the blanket so it covered her entire body, Thea laid her head against her pillow. Her hands gripped tightly around a small Phoenix stuffed animal she's had since she was a baby. Closing her eyes, Thea finally got some sleep.

~

Following Eva and Poppy, Thea walked down the stairs and into the Hufflepuff common room the next morning, at 7:20 AM. She turned around, waiting for Noelia to catch up before walking any further into the room. Thea messed around with her new yellow and black tie while she waited for the girl.

"Come get your schedules!" A prefect shouted, Eva being one of the first in line. The girl thanked the prefect before walking back to the group, handing them each their schedules.