thirty-four.

34

34. WE LOVE YOU NO
MATTER HOW YOU ARE

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of abuse, suicide and self harm.

"THEA, ARE YOU going to class today?" Eva asked as she, Noelia, and Poppy all stood at the doorway of their dorm. The three exchanged a look before glancing at the de Oro girl, who laid in her bed, facing the wall.

"No," Thea managed to say and a hand flew up to her throat, from how hoarse her voice was from the lack of water or lack of anything— She had barely left her bed in the past 2 days. "I still don't feel good."

"Then go to the nurse," Poppy suggested. "This is the 3rd day you're missing class, everyone's worried."

"Tell them I'm sick." Thea snapped, tears flooding her eyes.

"Okay," Eva replied calmly, and Noelia and Poppy looked at her strangely that she was so okay with Thea missing class for the 3rd day in a row. "We'll have someone bring you food during lunch."

"No—"

"You have to eat something, Thea." Eva cut her off, speaking sternly. The de Oro girl didn't reply before her three roommates walked out of the room. They met up with Cedric, Silas, Wesley, and Micah in the common room.

"She's not coming again?" Micah asked, wrapping an arm around Poppy. Eva shook her head before Cedric mumbled something, beginning to walk past the group to walk up the stairs to the dorm.

Noelia grabbed his arm, shaking her head, "She doesn't want to see anyone, Diggory— Especially not you."

"You guys haven't been talking for ages." Silas added and Cedric held in a sigh, glancing at the staircase before following the group out of the common room.

Once they made it to the Great Hall, everyone could see the de Oro boys' faces falling when they didn't see their sister. Teo spoke first, "Where is she?"

"She's saying she's still sick." Noelia answered, sitting down next to Sonali.

"Is she going to the nurse at least?" Tommy asked and Eva shook her head at her boyfriend, who frowned. Louis sat across from the couple and he stood silent as he thought of Thea.

"She'll talk when she's ready, Louis." Tobi tried to make the Malfoy boy feel better.

The Saito girl stared down at her plate while her mind worked fast. Once again, this all seemed terrifyingly familiar. Eva shivered slightly as she thought of her life at home— More importantly, the behavior that her life at home caused. She knew exactly what was happening.