fourty-four.

44

44. HOME FOR THE
HOLIDAYS (A REAL HOME)

WALKING THROUGHout the de Oro house, Thea grinned happily, for multiple reasons. One: For the first time in so long, she was happy to be home. Her mental health was at all time peak and has been for so long. Two: It was Christmas Eve and Thea loved the holiday season. The de Oro house was decorated festively and it made Thea's heart soar. Three: Tonight she would be surrounded by friends and family, including her boyfriend— Who was coming over with his parents for Christmas Eve dinner.

Surprisingly, Thea wasn't as nervous as she thought she would. Yes, Cedric would be meeting her dad and grandparents for the first time as her boyfriend (He's met them before.) And Thea would be meeting Cedric's parents for the first time as his girlfriend. But she's met them before! And not to lie, Amos and Abigail adored Thea. She was not worried.

~

three weeks ago

"Thea, can you please stop being stubborn and just admit that you're cold?" Cedric begged and Thea giggled happily as she walked faster— Trying to put some distance between her and her boyfriend so he wouldn't give her his jacket.

"I am not stubborn and I am not cold!" Thea replied back, glancing at Cedric for a moment. The two were walking throughout the courtyard of Hogwarts. The ground was covered in snow and the temperature was freezing.

"My darling, I love you, more then anything, but you are quite literally the most stubborn person I know." Cedric disagreed, running up to her side and wrapping his arms around her from behind. "But it's fine, I love you for it."

"And I love you," Thea whispered and her eyes widened when Cedric gently pushed her arms into his jacket. "Ced! Love, take it back!"

Cedric shook his head, grinning at the girl while his heart skipped a beat when Thea called him 'Ced' and 'Love.' He kissed her nose and held her hands, speaking again, "Absolutely not, my love, your nose is red and you are shaking. I can feel how freezing you are."

"And I'm the stubborn one?" Thea questioned and Cedric smirked, kissing her lips for a moment before the two continued walking. "Actually Ced, I wanted to ask you something."

"Anything, darling." Cedric shrugged, holding her hand once more.

"My dad invited you and your parents, if you want, to our house for dinner on Christmas Eve," Thea told him softly. "Because I know you guys usually don't do anything that night. I could finally introduce you to my dad as my boyfriend, and you could meet my grandparents. But if it's too soon, it's—"