thirty-five.

35: MORE THAN JUST PUTTING A BANDAGE ON IT

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of self harm.

"HER PILLS ARE in her bag, right? Oh Godric, Moony, this is crazy— Let's just have her stay with us a little longer," Emanuel Barreno ranted to Remus Lupin while the two finished packing Thea's mental health backpack. "We can't send her back to school like this, she should be here with us—"

"Flame," Remus cut his friend off, speaking calmly. He reached into the backpack and pulled out the container of pills, shaking it gently. "The pills are in the bag, and she's going. All four of them are. From what she's told no, she does better when she's with her friends then she is here."

"Oh." Emanuel frowned, holding in a sigh at his words.

"It's nothing to do with you, Flame. She's your daughter, she loves you!" Remus told him, practically scolding him. "At Hogwarts, there are just fewer chances of her being alone, and she's most at risk when she is alone."

"I've never been able to connect with her like you have," Emanuel sat down in a chair in the dining room of the de Oro house. "Maybe that's why she didn't tell me."

"Manny, she didn't tell me either. She didn't tell anyone," Remus reminded him. "And that's not our faults. She was having a very difficult time. And you do connect with her, a blind person could tell that Thea loves you very much. She's your daughter, Flame, and it's so obvious that she is your daughter."

The two men turned when all four quads entered the room, each with a backpack on their backs. Emanuel stood up, giving his children a small smile, "You guys ready to go?"

"Yup." Teo confirmed while the other quads nodded. Emanuel walked over to his daughter, who had a nervous look on her face.

"Thea," Emanuel whispered, placing his hands on her shoulders. "Mi vida, if you don't want to go back, if you're not ready, you don't have to. You can stay with Uncle Moony and I while you heal."

"Papa, I'm ready, I swear," Thea told him, smiling slightly. "I love you, but I do better with more people around."

Remus patted Emanuel's shoulder, who nodded. The werewolf sighed before grabbing the bag from the table that he and Emanuel were packing. "Luna, this is the mental health bag. It has your pills in it, that you have to take every morning, and your father and I will be writing to you to make sure you take your pills. And your brothers will remind you, right?"

The de Oro boys nodded, giving their sister comforting smiles before Remus spoke again, "You'll take these pills for a month before you come back here and see the psychiatrist again. We already spoke to Dumbledore, so that's arranged and everything. There's also some chocolate, it makes you feel better."

"This is the healing cream we use at St. Mungoes, it's charmed to heal scars." Emanuel held a small tub that was in Thea's bag. "Just put it on every night before bed, after you shower, and then wrap your wrists again. Finally, this."