eight.

08

08. JUST DON'T FALL OFF

STANDING NEXT TO CEDRIC with a happy smile, Thea held her broomstick even tighter in her hands. Her and plenty of other first years, including all of her brothers, stood on the lawn near the forbidden forest. It was time for their first flying lesson. Cedric looked at the girl, whispering, "Guessing you're excited?"

"Maybe just a little bit." Thea whispered back and Rolanda Hooch walked towards the group. Thea straightened up immediately, making Cedric let out a small laugh. She shoved him slightly and the boy shut his mouth, trying to hide his smirk.

"Alright first years," Hooch spoke up, blowing her whistle for a moment. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Now, to begin, I want everyone to place their brooms on the ground and stand on the left side of them."

Thea bent down, placing her broom gently on the ground. She glanced at Tobi, who stood with the twins and the two other Gryffindors in the class. Then at Tommy, who was discussing with Harrison and Ara about the best techniques they've read about for flying. Finally, Teo, or I guess, Teodor, who was laughing with three Slytherins. Next to them was Louis, who just remained quiet and stared down at the ground.

She felt bad for him, wanting to invite him over to where she, Cedric, Silas, Micah, and Wesley were, but Hooch wanted them divided by houses. Silas and Micah were whispering to each other, trying to place bets who would fall off their broom first. Wesley was silent next to them, honestly Thea hasn't heard his voice ever. She didn't mind though, maybe he just didn't like people.

"Stick your right hand over the broom and say 'up.'" Hooch instructed.

"Up." Thea held her hand out, a smile rising to her face with the broom flew into her hand easily. Cedric looked at her with wide eyes, trying to figure out how she did it. But on his second try, the Diggory boy had the broom in his hands so did Tommy and Tobi.

"Come on Gold, do it!" A Slytherin encouraged the boy and Teodor smiled.

He reached his hand out, "Up."

Thea grew nervous for her brother when the broom didn't fly into his hand. Teodor's face fell while the Slytherins laughed.

"Nice try, Gold." Another Slytherin gave him a shove and Thea's eyes widened. She looked at Tobi, who just shook his head at her, telling her not to do anything.

"I want you to mount it once it's in your hands," Hooch spoke again, looking at her students. "And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end."

"Just don't fall off," Cedric whispered to Thea and the girl smiled.

"I'll do my best." She replied, mounting her broom stick.