fourty-five.

45

45. WHEN WERE
YOU THE HAPPIEST?

"I CANNOT BELIEVE you gave Harry the map without consulting us!" Fred whined to Thea as the two of them and George walked through the hallways of the school the week they returned from break.

"The three of us stole that map together, Sunny! What are Freddie and I going to do without it— Bloody hell." George stopped in his words when Thea held up two copies of the Marauders Map.

"How did you get these?" Fred snatched a copy out of the girl's hand.

"A duplication spell I definitely wasn't old enough to use," Thea grinned and looked at her best friends. "One copy for you two, one for me. Harry has the original version because his dad made it and he's dead, so I figured it was fair."

"Fair to me." George agreed.

"Alright." Fred nodded before Thea said goodbye to the twins. She slipped her copy of the map in her bag before walking into the dark arts classroom.

She smiled at the sight of her brothers and her godfather, "Good morning."

"Morning, Luna," Remus greeted her, offering a plate of pastries. "Ready for training?"

"Yeah, this will be fun," Thea nodded before Harry entered the room. "Hey Harry- Are you okay?"

"Who's my godfather?" Harry asked, fury obvious in his voice while he stared at Remus darkly.

"Primo, let's just calm down--" Thea turned to the boy softly, but he ignored her.

"Harry-" Remus stood up, holding his hands out while his eyes were wide.

"It's Sirius, right? Sirius Black!" Harry raised his voice, tears brimming his eyes. "Why didn't any of you tell me? Not just that-- He was their friend, but then he betrayed them! He betrayed us!"

"Harry, Sirius didn't betray us!" Tommy stood up, shouting back. He walked towards the boy and shook his head. "My godfather did, Peter Pettigrew. Sirius and Remus agreed to both tell Pettigrew were our families were located, they agreed to assign him as the secret keeper--

"That was the wrong decision." Remus spoke up, crossing his arms with a solemn look on his face. "And I regret it everyday, Harry, I do. Sirius and I made mistakes, we were betrayed by Pettigrew-- And then Sirius retaliated."

"He killed Pettigrew and all those other people." Harry whispered.

"Possibly,'" Remus whispered back, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, Harry. We should've told you— Emanuel and I. Do you still want to do this?"

Glancing at Harry, Thea let out a shaky breath. The Gryffindor boy had asked Remus to teach him how to defend him selves against dementors, and then Remus invited the quads— Because of how vulnerable the quads, Thea specifically, were to the dementors. Harry nodded, "Yes, yeah, I want to do this."