fourty-eight.

48

48. THEA'S FIRST &
FINAL HAPPY SUMMER

     HAPPY SUMMERS was something Thea was not used to it. However, it was something she could get used to. Life was so good. Neither the Diggorys nor the Weasleys went on vacation (Because both families splurged getting good tickets for the Quidditch World Cup, as did the de Oro-Barrenos.) So Thea had everyone she loved in one place, for the most part. Carina and Valencia still lived in Spain, but the two were looking for a second home in Credenceton— Same goes for the Mitz-Blanchets, Rosalie, Monroe, and Valencia were all going house-hunting together. Either way, both families spent so much time in Credenceton this summer. 

Along with that, Sirius Black was situated and getting close with the family. Valencia and Carina spent most of the summer in Credenceton because of him. He stayed in Remus and Eva's house in the forest, and could never leave because you know— Escaped criminal and all that! But either way, it was better then before. Carina and her dad discovered they were similar in multiple ways and their bond is closer then ever before.

The quads, Harry, Lily, and Alex all got to know their uncle and/or godfather. Multiple game nights or just regular dinners were held within the families, and sometimes the kids just showed up at the house in the middle of the day. Sirius didn't mind, he could always use the company.

Next, it was a happy summer, because for the first time ever, Evanora Saito-Lupin had a home. (She's never had one of those before!) Her and Remus did some serious adopted-father-daughter-bonding, and also realized the two were similar in plenty of ways. Their favorite pastime was just going to a bookstore and giving each other recommendations. And of course, Eva became well acquainted with Sirius as well, since she was living in the same house as him and she could clearly tell he was in love with her adopted father!

Finally, there was plenty of love going around in the de Oro-Barreno household. Cedric, Flynn, and Eva were constantly over, and Tobi had a permanent role of seventh-wheeling this summer. (He didn't care that much though, they were all his friends or siblings.) Plus, Fred and George were always over to keep him company too.

"Keep your door open!" Emanuel exclaimed into Thea's room as he opened the door. Cedric and Thea immediately jumped apart, their lips pulling away from each other and moving to opposite sides of Thea's bed. "I'm serious, Thealyn, door open. Always!"

"Yes, Papa, sorry." Thea agreed with a nod, giving her father an apologetic smile. She glanced at Cedric, who was still very much thinking about how he had his hand on Thea's thigh. The girl elbowed him, bringing him back to reality.

"Yeah— Sorry, Mr. Barreno." Cedric apologized immediately and Emanuel huffed, walking down the hallway.

"What were we doing again?" Thea asked softly once she heard her father walk away from her room. She turned to Cedric, who just smirked at her cheekily.