fourty-seven.

47

47. HOLDING FAMILY
A LITTLE CLOSER TODAY

         "I TOLD HARRY THAT he could come live with me after all of this is over," Sirius told Valencia and Carina as the mini-family stood in the forests of the Hogwarts ground. Carina turned away from the pretty moon and towards her father. "I know Emanuel adopted him, but I'm sure he'll have no problem transferring custody over to me."

"That's nice of you, Sirius," Valencia smiled, her hands on Carina's shoulders. "James and Lily would have wanted that."

"They would also have wanted for the three of us to be together," Sirius whispered and Carina looked up at her father, shock in her eyes. "What? Did you think I was going to invite Harry to live with me and not you? You're my daughter, darling!"

Valencia smiled, holding back tears as she watched her daughter interact with her father happily. Carina grinned, "I would like that, a lot, if Mama is okay with it."

"Of course, only if Mama is okay with it." Sirius agreed, glancing at Valencia and the two exchanged a smirk.

"I think we could make that work." Valencia nodded, squeezing her daughter's shoulders.

"I want to know you, Carina, I do not plan on missing out on anymore of your life." Sirius told the girl and Carina hugged her father tightly. His blue eyes widened, and Sirius glanced at Valencia before hesitantly hugging Carina back.

"Carina finally gets to know her dad." Thea whispered to her brothers as the four quads watched them from a far. They stood next to the frozen whomping willow tree, waiting for Emanuel and Remus to come out with Peter.

"Good for her." Teo whispered back with a slight smile.

"Teo, this means you could know your godfather." Tommy reminded the eldest brother.

"And we all get to know our uncle," Tobi grinned and turned to Thea. "We're going to need another chair at Christmas dinner."

"Guys!" Hermione shouted, getting the quads' attention. The Golden Four turned around, and Thea gasped when she saw Remus beginning to become affected by the full moon.

"Shit!" Emanuel exclaimed, walking towards Remus carefully with his hands up, as did Sirius.

"Ron, Hermione, come here," Valencia told the two softly as she helped them off the ground. The woman stood in front of the quads, Carina, and the three third years protectively.

"Remus, my old friend," Sirius spoke to the man. "Have you taken your potion tonight?"

"Kids, back away slowly." Emanuel instructed.

"Val, get Carina and the others out of here!" Sirius added before speaking to Remus again. "You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live! Here! This flesh is only flesh!"