fourty-three.

43

43. LIGHTING ON THE
QUIDDITCH PITCH

"WOOD, I'M GOING TO be honest you, I don't know if we can go out there," Tobi told the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, worry clear on his face. He turned away from the entrance of their Gryffindor Quidditch tent, where the thunder-storm could be clearly seen. "It's brutal out there."

"Gold, I think you seem to forgot we're Gryffindors," Oliver Wood scolded him, holding his broom tightly before turning to his team. "We don't get scared! So take those looks off your face."

"I think we get scared this one time." Lily mumbled to Fred and George, who smirked and held back their laughs.

"What was that, Mitz-Blanchett?" Oliver asked the girl, raising his voice.

"Nothing, I mis-read your lips! I'm deaf, don't forget!" Lily quickly replied, biting back a smile while she gestured to her ear.

"You're hard of hearing, not fully deaf." Harry, who had begun learning ASL to communicate with his new-found cousins, signed to the girl.

"He doesn't remember that." Lily signed back with a grin and the Weasley twins laughed softly, managing to know enough ASL to understand the conversation.

"Enough of the side conversation!" Oliver demanded, gathering the team's attention again. "We are against Hufflepuff! We have lost against them before, and we will not do it again— Because how pathetic would that look?"

"I don't know Wood, with Diggory as captain, we're kind of screwed." George joked.

"You always underestimate them." Fred shrugged.

"Do you two want to win or not?" Oliver questioned. "You keep your chins up high, always have your goggles on— Don't let a little rain affect you!"

"A little?" Tobi mumbled, glancing at the outside of the tent again.

Meanwhile, in the Hufflepuff tent, Cedric grinned at Thea happily as he pushed two curls behind the girl's ears. "Have to make sure you can see— Nothing can spot my chaser from winning, okay?"

"You got it, Captain." Thea agreed with a smile.

"I would kiss you right now, but I think the entire team would give us shit for it." Cedric whispered.

"Damn right." Silas shouted from across the tent, standing with Micah, Poppy, and Noelia (The two girls decided to join the team this year) "Now stop making out and tell us what to do, Cap!"

"Oh please, you already know what to do, Darrius," Cedric grinned, turning to his team and raising his voice. "You go out there and give it your all! I know the weather is tough, but keep your goggles on and do your best not to fall off your broom. If it's one thing that Gryffindor constantly does, is underestimate us! I'm not too worried, and you guys shouldn't be either. This is a win."