nineteen.

19

19. NO MORE KIDS TABLE

      THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON room was not an unfamiliar place for Thea. She had been there plenty of times over the last couple years because of the twins, or Tobi, or Lily, or just any of her friends in Gryffindor. But what was unfamiliar to her was the current environment of the common room. There were many third and fourth years from all different houses. The large table that was usually filled with students studying was covered in options of snacks to eat and drinks. Nobody wore their usual house robes, some changed into non-school clothes while others just wore their sweater vests or their button-downs with no tie.

Thea stood next to Noelia, who was dressed in something way different than their house robes. She wore a large t-shirt from a Muggle horror movie that Thea was too scared to watch, a black leather skirt, fishnet tights underneath, and black boots to match. Her curly hair was tied back in a bun, wrapped in a yellow ribbon to somehow represent her house.

Looking down at her own outfit, Thea didn't realize they were supposed to dress up so much for this party. She wore a casual pair of blue jeans with a powder yellow top that had a small bow at the neckline and some yellow Converse. It was her mom's top, it was among the many clothes her father had given her that once belonged to her mom. Alejandra always wore yellow, because it was her house color and ironically, her favorite color. So Thea had plenty of yellow clothes, which was also her favorite color.

"Hey," Poppy greeted the two girls, who had just arrived. Micah stood next to her, an arm around her shoulders which made Thea and Noelia grin. "Couldn't get Eva to come?"

"Nope, her and Tommy are in the library." Thea shook her head. "I'm sure they'll still enjoy their night."

"Oh definitely." Noelia smirked and looked at Poppy. "I love your shoes, Pops."

"Thanks." Poppy smiled, lifting her foot up for a moment to show them off. "They were a back-to-school gift from my mom."

The shoes were white sneakers with blue flowers painted on them, and they matched perfectly with the white flowers on Poppy's blue layered skirt. She wore a white crop top with it and a white beaded necklace. Micah just had his school button-up on, but the yellow tie hung loosely from his neck.

"Who's here?" Noelia asked.

"Every third year you can think of." Micah replied and gently took Poppy's empty cup. "I'll get you a refill."

"Thanks." Poppy smiled at the boy, who returned the grin and walked away.

"He's so in love with you." Noelia joked.

"In love? That's a bit much." Poppy replied, the three girls walked further into the common room.

"Sunshine!" Fred and George greeted Thea in unison, the girl smiling at the sound of the boys' voices. "You're a bit late, aren't you?"